MY Karina

Y/N POV

Everybody has one or more special friends in life, right? To me that's my Karina, Winter and Ningning. Our group is called æspa. We're the bestest of friends.

We're all basically the same age but I'm the youngest. Though we're all BFFs but I'm the closest to Karina. And WinNing are closest to one another.

But Karina likes Winter and Ningning more than me. She's polite to me too. But she often gives them more attention than me. Probably because I'm not as beautiful or talented as the others. That saddens me a lot.

But I'm still always there for her cause friends are always there for each other. And whenever she cries on my shoulder, I feel like I'm an important person to her and that's enough for me.

I live at my (maternal) granny's house. My mom, uncle and aunt also live here. But they're out at work most of the time so the house is pretty much empty. My dad died when I was very young. My granny's house is very old. It was made by her parents. So it's probably a 100 years old.

----------

Karina, Winter and Ningning had come to my house to hang out. Our house had a basement. Not like an old rusty basement, it had a small living room and a small bedroom which were pretty decent.

This was our hang out place. We sat on the two sofas facing each other and started talking.

Karina : Guys, I found out about this amazing restaurant from a friend. She said it's a nice place wanna go there sometime?

Y/N : Oohh! That sounds great! We're all free tomorrow

Y/N : Oohh! That sounds great! We're all free tomorrow. So I guess we can go after school.

 So I guess we can go after school

(Imagine it's you)

Winter : Yeah.

Right then, my granny came with snacks for us. We were really hungry. So we dug in.

Winter : Mmm... Granny, you make the best food!

 Granny, you make the best food!

Granny : Thank you, Winter. If you need anything, call me.

Saying this, she left.

Ningning : Winter, remember that guy I told you about?

Winter : Oh yeah! Your crush!

Winter and Ningning start talking to each other about their crushes and random things, leaving me and Karina to talk by ourselves.

Karina : So... What's up?

Y/N : Huh? Oh, nothing much. Is your neck better? You said you had pain last night.

Karina : That got better a long time ago.

We talked for a while, watched dramas and more fun stuff. Then the girls left.

A few days later...

I noticed something wrong in these few days. Karina started behaving awfully strange. She became arrogant, ignorant and selfish. Which is so opposite to her.

She became so rude and mean to me. And she faked being nice infront of Winter and Ningning. I knew she didn't think of me as her best friend but she was never like this.

She would ignore me in our hang outs, body shame me, take advantage of my insecurities and hurt me on purpose. She even sometimes used to hurt me physically and act like I did something wrong to her.

And Winter and Ningning would always fall for her act. The Karina I've known was gone. It was someone else. I never even felt the warmth sitting next to her anymore. Her aura was cold. Cold like ice.