The Demon Comes Out

Karina POV

Ugh! I almost got those two fooled. But that Y/N had to ruin everything. The final day of the curse was coming. I had to do something. I needed a way in which I wouldn't be harmed when the final day arrives.
--------

Y/N POV

It's been 9 days since Karina got possessed. And we've still gotten nowhere.

Winter, Ningning and I had just come to the garden from the basement after seeing Karina. There, we saw my granny. She was sitting on the sofa in the garden. She had just come home from outside.

Granny : Y/N, can you get me some water?

Y/N : Sure, granny.

I went to her bedroom and brought her water bottle and gave it to her. Granny drank the water. But suddenly she started behaving strange and black liquid came out from her mouth.

She turned into a horrible monster. We were so scared.

Y/N : Granny, what's happening with you?!

Granny didn't answer. She started coming towards us and we knew it wasn't for good. The three of u immediately ran to the basement. We knew it had something to do with the demon inside the bead.

We locked the door so that granny couldn't come inside. We saw that the door of the bedroom was open, indicating Karina got out.

Y/N : Search the whole basement! There has to be a clue!

WinNing nodded. We spread up and searched everywhere. And finally we found a medium sized chest which we had never seen before.

We sat infront of it. (Me in the middle, Winter on my right and Ningning on my left) We opened the chest and found a book. The book looked old and scary.

I opened the first page. It had a monster's picture on it which looked almost same as the creature I saw in the bead.

From the depths of darkness, The Shadow creature

Said the title.

We started reading the book. The summary of the book is like,

Every 100 years the shadow creature tries to escape the glass bead. And to escape, it needs a medium.

And whenever someone is possessed, they have a certain amount of time in their hands. The bead grows stronger everyday.

If not treated in meantime, on the last day, the bead explodes and the demon completely comes out. Destroying the possessed person along with it.

I looked for the bead in my pocket. But it wasn't there. I knew Karina had taken it.

We looked in the book and we saw a vision.

Karina was possessed but before her last day she put the bead in a glass of water. And it was the same water which was in granny's bottle. So Karina didn't die, granny did.

Because the bead contaminated the water. Though Karina was possessed, the demon didn't exactly reside in her, it just turned her evil.

So Karina could still think with her own mind. She saved herself by killing granny. And now Karina was free from the curse.