Prologue

2-3 lines of dialogue were taken directly from the Solo-Leveling light novel.

Quite obviously, I do not own or claim to own I alone level up (Otherwise known as Solo-Leveling) or Danmachi.

----------------

One Shadow Sovereign and an emissary of the Rulers sat comfortably in an ice cream parlor.

"So, what you're saying is, my existence can potentially cause other changes like this one?" Asked the Sovereign.

"Yes, that's correct, Sovereign-nim."

The emissary was concerned he had offended the man, but felt relieved when he began visibly calming down.

"The Rulers' thoughts are to present you with a suitable location where you can stay, if that's what you decide, with their intentions being to prevent the potential adverse change taking place in this world . "

He was met with only silence.

Jin-Woo leaned against the chair .

He still couldn't sense any malice from this unknown man . The Rulers connected to this man were making this offer out of good-will and other similar emotions .

However, to think he would get news such as this the day of his return...

"Would I ever be able to return?" Voiced Jin-Woo.

Seeing him consider the proposition, the man perked up enthusiastically.

"Yes! The place we would send you has time which flows differently from here! If you were to stay there for a while, I'm certain we could find a way to strengthen this one!" 

Sung's passive stare turned cold, and the emissary knew why.

"N-not that we would a-actually send more m-monsters here! We would find some other way!"

His gaze softened, but didn't quite ease up from a glare.

He let out a sigh, "So let me get things straight here," The Sovereign leant forward and placed his elbow on the table, then leant on his fist, "I get back after almost three decades of fighting in a war, your war, and now I am being forced to leave because I could dangerously alter this reality?"

"W-well, when you put it like that..." the man sputtered, "We can give you a choice, as there are three different worlds currently able to withstand your power."

Jin-Woo simply raised an eyebrow, "Go on."

The Emissary let out a breath, "Whew, alrighty.

The first would be a world where the last of humanity remains trapped within three walls - one of which is broken, and are surrounded by gigantic man-eating "titans" as they call them."

"The second would be one where roughly ten-thousand people have been trapped within a video game world, where death in one reality means death in both.

And finally, the third. In this world, "gods and goddesses" descended from their version of heaven, and granted humans their blessings to strengthen them against their "dungeon", which is basically just a hole in the ground which spawns creatures that wish to hunt humans, one could say it is just an infinite gate."

The first world sounded promising, he felt like eliminating all the "titans" would be a fun challenge for himself. He would have to remember to bring a real stopwatch to time himself (Just for that authentic feel, y'know?).

The second had sounded decent, but he figured he only do something as trivial as a video game if he was very bored.

The third however, sounded eerily similar to what happened in his own. Monsters came from a mysterious source, and humans were granted superhuman abilities to deal with them.

"I think I would be right at home in the third, because it is the most similar to my own."

"I figured," the emissary smiled, "Do you wish to do anything before you leave? I'm sure you would like to see your family at least once."

The Sovereign shook his head. "No. If I saw them now, then I don't think I would be able to leave."

With that, the emissary of the rulers nodded in apology, and sent the last remaining sovereign to a world both different, and alike to his own.

----------------

That's a wrap! Sorry I've been slightly dead, school has been a pain. They swapped our schedule so instead of four one and a half-hour classes, we have two long, grueling three-hour classes.

Published January 20, 2022 -  4:55 AM PCT.