4

The phone lying on the nightstand dinged with the sound of a text notification, causing the brunette to lose focus on the show he was watching.

He didn't bother checking what it was since he felt like he was about to fall asleep, the duvet wrapped tightly around him.

So he brushed it off, closing his eyes to get ready to fall asleep. When his phone dinged again a few minutes later.

George cursed himself for not putting his phone on silent, squinting his eyes as he propped himself up on his elbows, reaching over to grab his phone.

The phone's light didn't sting his eyes as much as he thought it would, the brightness turned down almost all the way.

He turned the sound off, caving in and unlocking the text he had received from that unknown number.

Once it was opened, George came to the realisation who it was, maybe because it was written in the text.

Quickly changing the contact name to 'Dream' he texted the man back, saying that it was alright that Dream's friend had sent the previous message.

He thought for a second, debating wether he should call Dream or not. Before he knew it, he pressed the call button without realising.

The screen darkened as the call started, George's eyes widening in realisation before he put the phone up to his ear.

The call got accepted. Neither of them said a word.

"Uh- hello?" George broke the silence, causing the call to feel a little less awkward.

"Hi," Dream said back.

George had no clue what to say, or what to ask.

"Well- uh.. how are you?" he ask, trying to break the tension.

"I'm good," Dream said. "Oh, I'm sorry that my friend sent you that, I was scared to do it myself so he stole my phone."

The brunette grinned, Dream letting out an awkward chuckle. "That's cute," George hummed. "Why were you scared to text me?"

"I don't know," Dream mumbled. "But how are you?"

"I'm tired," George said. "I was about to fall asleep, but then you texted me."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were going to sleep," Dream apologised.

"It's fine," George said. "There was really no way you would've known."

"How are you going to sleep? It's like 9pm," Dream pointed out, earning an awkward giggle from George.

"I didn't sleep well last night," George said. "Plus I basically just came home from a very long basketball practice. So I'm really tired."

"Oh," Dream mumbled. "I'm not, I woke up around 2pm."

"Wow," George said sarcastically. "You seem to have such a great sleep schedule."

"I know," Dream said, George could tell he was smiling by the tone of his voice. "If you want to go to sleep I could hang up?"

"No! No. It's fine," George assured, closing his eyes as he fell down on his back.

They kept on talking for a while, George was fascinated by the fact how naturally they were talking, as if they had known each other for months, maybe years.

George fell asleep after just about an hour, so Dream had no clue what he should do.

Should he hang up or should he keep the call going with this man that he was basically talking to for the first time.