Chapter-1

Chapter 1

“Kiri~”

The spirit of Kiritsugu Emiya turned his attention from the material world and back to the strange spiritual space that he now inhabited. How?

Who cares, he was happy. Which was a rare enough state for him to be in as is. He wasn’t going to question it.

“Iri,”

he said with a soft smile.

“Sorry, I was just checking on Shirou.”

His wife’s spirit smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Hmmm, so how is our handsome young man?”

Kiritsugu smiled. “You first. How’s Ilya doing?”

Irisviel pouted. “The old man is still pushing her too hard,” she said.

“She only wants to go the Grail War so that she can meet her little brother. But he’s pushing her to claim the Grail for the Einzbern family. He keeps trying to convince her that it’s your fault that the Grail was lost last time.”

The former assassin scowled.

“Iri, no offense, but I should have murdered Acht while I had the chance.”
His wife shook her head.

“I don’t blame you,” she said. “He wants Ilya to summon her servant in two days.”

Kiritsugu’s eyes widened slightly. “But that’s…”

“I normally wouldn’t be able to support him for months. She would have to bear the burden all on her own.” Kiritsugu actually growled.

“That’s it. Iri, do you think you could manifest me when she tries to summon? I want to blow the old man’s head to pulp.”
She shook her head.

“If I could, I would, but your spirit doesn’t have the same composition as a Heroic Spirit. You would just dematerialize and be drawn back here before you could do anything.”
Kiritsugu sighed.

“Then… what if you sent her a servant that could protect her from him?”asked Kiritsugu.

Irisviel smiled.

“I was just thinking something along those lines. Nothing says that I have to use the catalyst he provides. I can use anything in the room when the summoning takes place.” Her smile grew wider and Kiritsugu felt a drop of sweat forming on his neck.

That smile was never a good thing.

“Yes, I think I have an excellent idea who to send her.” She giggled happily and Kiritsugu felt a shiver run down his spine.

“Well, I suppose Acht is only getting what he deserves,” he said, trying to convince himself.

“Exactly!” Irisviel said happily. “Now, how has our other child been doing?”

“Shirou’s fine.” Kiritsugu couldn’t help feeling a little pride as he spoke. “He’s eating right and he’s still practicing him magic. Even if he’s not very good at it. He’s doing fairly well in school and he’s actually managed to get Taiga to be a little bit responsible on a good day.”