Wow... you're actually kinda hot

Y/n's Pov:

I run off, with not much thought of where I'm going. Well shit. Obviously Babs would be friends with Kara, especially with that extrovert persona she has. I'm lucky I told her not to tell people my surname, or Kara might have recognised me, that is if she hasn't already.
Urgh, why must Metropolis High, of all schools, be the closest to home?

I carry on running absentmindedly. Until I crash into something tall, broad and firm. Well, more of a someone.

"Oh, dear, I'm sorry, are you okay??" I say, looking up. My eyes get greeted with a intimidating glare. Well fuck.

"Watch where you're going, nerd," They said, crossing their muscly arms. Shit.
How do I get out of this??

"Wow.." I breathe, falsely smitten, "You're actually kinda hot," I say, putting on my flashiest smile.

Fuck, out of all things I decide to flirt?! What the fuck's wrong with me?? I mentally slap myself, hoping they're an idiot.

"I- Sh-shut up," they mumble. Jackpot! I have myself an idiot.

"But you're so gorgeous.." I say shyly. If I wanna live, I have to try and get them to love me. "What's your name?"

"Tch, name's Doris, what about you, pretty girl," Doris says, rolling her eyes and blushing slightly. Haha, it worked! But I cant risk doing something like this again.

"Y/n," I smile. "See ya round, Doris," I wink, leaving her standing there, looking like a blushing mess.

Phew, I lived.

"Wait!" Seriously? I just wanna leave, urgh. I turn to see Doris right behind me, panting. Is she really that tired after running two effing metres?!

"Yes?" I say, pushing some hair behind my ear.

"Um- Uh- Eat lunch with me okay?!" She says hurriedly. Well it's not like I can decline, I value life, y'know?

"Sure! Anything for you, Doris!" I say excitedly. "I'm gonna go to my next lesson k? Bye~!" I then walk off hurriedly.

I have double chemistry now, and I don't look forward to that.

"Y/n!" Babs comes running again and hugged me tightly. "Where did you run off at break? I got worried! Also isn't it cool we also have chemistry together?"

"Yeah, haha, sorry I just went to the restroom,"

"Oh, okay! Look! There's Karen!" She yells, pointing at a short, timid looking girl I saw at the table earlier. "Karen! Karen! Come meet Y/n! They're awesome!!"

She then grabs Karen by the shoulder and shoves her in front of me.

"H-hey, I'm Karen and um- Eeep!" She starts, and stopping when I look down and smile.

"Hey, Karen, I'm Y/n, though you probably already heard Babs didn't you, haha," I extend my hand, for her to shake. Karen flinches then takes my hand, shaking it ever so slightly. She smiles weakly.

"Oi, everyone shut up, sit down," The teacher walks in, looking dead and holding a cup of coffee. "I cant be asked to teach you so I'll give yall a partner to do a project on Atomic Structure. You have a week, including this lesson. Alright, Barbra Gordon, you're with Karen Beecher,"

What the fuck? They say surnames around here?? Urghhh. It's okay, I'm an underground model anyway, it's not like anyone's gonna notice.

"..And Kara Danvers with Y/n Augusto Gilbert!"

My eyes jerk open and I look at the teacher in shock.

"Sir shouldn't I be with Carol? She seems so lonely!" I protest. I'm not letting Kara be my partner for this stupid project. Carol looks at me in surprise, then smiled and waved.

"No, and be quiet, I'm tryna teach here,"

Excuse me? Teaching what? My fucking ass? But the man was already falling asleep. Of course I had to go to a school like this.

Kara's Pov:

Somewhere in my nap I vaguely hear my name being called.

"Huh-?" I say, rubbing my eyes. I look around, trying to find the source of noise, and instead finding Karen and Barbra talking to 'Y/n'.

I decide to go join their conversation, seeing as I was interested in this 'Y/n'.

"S'up guys," I say, trying to be cool.

"Hey Kara! Here's the Y/n I wanted you to meet!" Barbra says. "Here, Y/n, this is Ka- Huh, where'd they go?" It was true, Y/n had disappeared in- Oh. Never mind, I saw them talking to Carol. With my super hearing I could just about hear what they were talking about.

"..Yeah and I had bumped into some tall ginger, haha! Curly hair, kinda buff-"

"Oh! You mean Doris!? How are you not dead? She would have beaten anyone else up for even breathing her air, let alone crashing into her!" I hear Carol say, surprised.

She's not wrong. I cant stand Carol and Doris but it's true that Doris would have smashed your face in. I'm curious, how did Y/n survive?

"Well maybe this is dumb or whatever, but I may or may not have flirted my way to life, haha," They giggle. Now I'm seriously doubting the fact this is the Y/n I know. The one I know was definitely not the type to flirt, in fact they were quite the opposite.

In response to that, I hear Carol giggle.

"Really?! Haha she must really like you then! She rejects literally every valentine she ever receives and proceeds to go find the sender! Since then she hasn't got anymore and she still asks why she doesn't receive valentines anymore!"

Y/n and Carol both burst out laughing. I chuckle slightly myself, It was pretty funny, to be honest.

"What are you laughing about, Kara?" I hear Karen ask.

"Nothing much," I chuckle again.

"Really? You've been kinda weird today, and you kinda look lovesick, are you okay?"

"What? I'm not lovesick! Psh- Who's lovesick? You are, not me!" I say quickly, shaking my head aggressively. Shit, Y/n's looking at me as if I'm mad.

A loud bell saves me. As I walk out the classroom, I come out to see a certain ginger, looking around slightly awkwardly, hands in her pockets. Wow. The famous Doris, probably here for Carol, seeing as they were kind of friends, well, I've seen them eat together with some other kids.

And then to my absolute surprise, she holds her arm out, blushing very red, and if that wasn't enough, Y/n links arms with her!

I stand there with my mouth open wide and see that Carol and Barbra were doing the same. Except both Carol and Barbra collected themselves again and recovered very quickly.

And I see them walking down the corridor together, they look so much like a couple and urgh, I don't know, it annoys me so much.

Maybe I am lovesick..
Nope, nope, nope, no never!

"How did you know I was here?" I hear Y/n laugh. "That's kinda cool!"

You want cool? I can do cool! I hear myself think.
Ew, since when was I so desperate.

"C'mon Kara! Let's go have lunch~!" Babs says, trying to budge me.

"Hmm-? Oh, right! Let's go! I think its bangers and mash today," I say, trying to feel excited.
I swing my arm around Babs, trying to see if Y/n would notice, or even care. But there they were, still happily walking the opposite direction with Doris.

"Uhhh, Kara?"

"Huh? Whaja want Babsie Boo?"

"Are you okay? You um, you're acting really weird, and uh you're kinda close. Like really close," And I only just realised Babs was trying to wiggle free from my killer grip.

??th of ??? Idk, while I was editing, I realised Wattpad had gotten rid of some of my writing, how weird.

But, 600 words each again, rather proud of myself!