Sweet Justice

Kara POV;

As Zee stood there, telling me off, I sat there my eyes widening more and more with guilt by the second.
With my super hearing, I could hear random people talking about me, gossiping and insulting me, some going about how they always thought I was so cool, but apparently it turns out I'm just a bad person, or others saying how they always knew I wasn't as good as my friends made me out to be. I could hear my friend's disappointed whispers, and that was what brought the endless pit in my chest. I could more or less handle criticism from strangers but it's hard when it's from people I actually care about.

Especially because I remember everything now. I don't even know why I was so homophobic anyway, half my "friends," were probably dating each other anyway. My old friends weren't the main issue, it was me. I was part of the problem and I hate that I selfishly didn't recognise that, and I guess that's one more thing to hate about myself.
Then to make things even worse (as if that were possible), Y/n comes towards us, the closest she had been to me in years and instead of talking to me or even having a go at me too, she holds Zee by the fucking hand and walks off with her, almost drifting away from me.

I sit there, near tears. I can't believe what Zee had just told me. My little sob story of how people kept villainising me was nothing, nothing compared to what she had gone through. And I now finally understand the real reason Y/n was upset with me, and even more so when I had blamed her.

When Zee and Y/n left some of the cafeteria ran after them, desperately recording the two runaways, probably to get more social media worth video, but they weren't just recording them, the other half had been shoving their cameras in my face, and up till now I was too shocked to even move them away. Coming to my senses, I push every camera away angrily, telling them all to fuck off.
Pushing the table away with probably more force than necessary, I try my best to catch up with them. For two somewhat human girls, they were really fast. Or really good at hiding.

"Zee? Y/n? Please come out, I just wanna talk!" I call out desperately. From somewhere close, I hear some shuffling and faint voices, then a crunch, and a click.
Then a big purple figure emerges from a classroom.
"Zee!" I say, rushing up to Zee and stopping abruptly, remembering why I was here in the first place, filling me with awkwardness. "Zee, please listen to me, I- I'm really, really sorry, please just consider that sometimes I don't realise I'm being a stupid jerk and y'know I'm really dumb so I don't always-" Zee cut me off with a slap.

"Damn," I whisper, eyes wide. I hadn't realised Zee was that mad.

"Just shut up," Zee says, breathing heavily. "Listen to me, Kara,"
I nod, worried about what would face me next.

"I know what I said in the cafeteria seemed like it would be bad to go through, but I don't care as much anymore. I was just upset, cuz know, you never seem to care about things, even when it's something kinda serious. Besides, that was years ago, I can get over it. And I did. That's why I'm in Metropolis High now. But I'm not really the one you should apologise to,"

"I know! I know that, and trust me I will! It's just I can't find Y/n right now, and it's just so frustrating, I want her to approach me so that she can be the one to want my apology but if she doesn't then how will I know she actually wants or even needs my damn apology?!" I say, maybe too hurriedly. I just really wanted to justify myself, not that it would help, just that I wasn't sure if Zee would have understood me.

"Trust me, Kara, Y/n may not show it, but she definitely wants that apology so pull your shit together and find her, okay?" Zee says, pulling me into a hug.

I relax in her arms, trying to gather up the courage to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong to Y/n.

Y/n POV;

I could just about hear Kara and Y/n chatting in the hallway. Not wanting to come in contact with Kara again, I realise that I have Doris' number on my phone and she's just about willing to do whatever for me, so I text her, asking her to please fetch me from the science classroom window.

Unsurprisingly, she responds with "Huh?" so then I explain I hid in a cupboard in a science classroom on the second floor and I needed to escape.

I then get told to stand away from my phone and I blink in confusion. I put my phone on the floor in confusion and in a big blue flash, a tall, lanky figure steps out of my phone, extending her hand and smiling at me.

"Doris sent us to come fetch you, babe~," She says, smirking.

"Us?" I ask slightly confused.

This person then points out the window and I look down to see a ginger, muscular figure standing there, waiting.

"I'm Livewire and she's Giganta, we'll take you to Doris~"

I nod, frowning slightly. Livewire helps me climb out the window while Giganta lifts me up on her shoulders and carries me to a sweetshop thing called "Sweet Justice"

She then sits me down and both Livewire and Giganta say to wait for Doris and walk away. Shortly after that, I'm joined by not just Doris, but also Leslie. I'm not an idiot. Its very obvious those two were Livewire and Giganta. But I'm not gonna bring it up, not just yet.

"Hey Y/n, you needed me?" Doris says, with a weird look on her face. Probably her "Gentle" face. According to what I've learnt about her, she doesn't seem like someone who has had lots of practice with gentler faces. "Oh also don't mind Leslie, she'll take any excuse to skip school, and Harleen and Selina are covering for you in the medical department, so it is all settled."

I smile, thanking them both.

"Of course, Y/n! I'd take over Metropolis for you~!" Leslie says, smiling and making eye contact with Doris, probably because of some inside joke.

"Anyway," Doris says, steering the conversation. "Are you, like okay?" She grunts, looking away awkwardly.

"Aw~!" Leslie says, mimicking Doris, "Aren't you going all soft of Y/n bae~!"

"Shut up Leslie, this isn't about you!" Doris looks at me straight in the eye, waiting for a response.

"Yeah, I'm good, just didn't really wanna see Kara anymore,"

"I'll beat her up for you," She offers, AGAIN.

"No thanks, it's just a little break, yknow."

Leslie nods knowingly until Doris hits her over the head. "What are you nodding for nerd? You never just take a little break, you take whole-ass holidays," she says, rolling her eyes.

"Look at you, such a smartass in front of Y/n!" Leslie retorts.

"Stop it you guys hahaha!" I laugh, grabbing both of their hands. "Let's go get some ice cream,"

24th October 2022

It's been almost a year since I first started this fanfic and I'm only on part 10!

1246 words