Rumors, Myths, Legends

You start to walk with him but, what happened to the garden was still bothering you a lot. Why did it all sort of die when Miko left? Why did Miko leave in the first place? And most of all... what even is that garden?

"This might sound a little sudden but, how did that garden come to life? Did they plant seeds there or something?" You ask Aether, continuing to follow him to where both of you need to be. He lifts his chin, closing one of his eyes, looking as though he was thinking about what to say to what you asked.

"...This isn't such a happy story so, don't get too bothered by it. It's in the history books but, not in any we have to cover this year. I just happen to have seen it." He says, sighing before glancing at you with melancholic eyes.

"What's... with the serious tone all of a sudden?" You ask, a little concerned about whatever he's going to say. Maybe something like the garden was actually fake, the garden was forged from corpses of ancient beings, or something terrifying like those mentioned.

"I'm not even sure if we're allowed to know this but, before this school was created, this area was a battleground." He says, sighing afterwards. You stumble, a little surprised about what he said.

"...A battleground?" You ask, unsure about what to feel from knowing this information. It was definitely alarming to hear that this was previously a battleground. Highly possible though, given that this was in the middle of all the nations.

"It was where the war took place. Well, it's perfect since it was in the middle of the regions so, naturally this became the main spot for battle." He says in addition. You nod, thinking that that was indeed the case.

"How... does this relate to the garden?" You continue to ask, wanting to know what exactly it was. Due to the fact that he just confirmed that this place was previously a battleground, the garden being made out of corpses isn't all that far off.

"That garden might've been here ever since the war. That specific area... no. That garden was said to be owned by a very beautiful and intelligent woman. Only for her kind to be slaughtered due to the battle." He says, looking pained. You wondered whether or not to drop the topic already since it was making him feel uncomfortable.

"That's... terrible." You say, currently at a loss for words. A... beautiful and intelligent woman. Only one person comes to mind when it concerns the garden. But... is she the owner of the garden, or the one who was simply dragged into it?