Growth of Wisteria

"...It doesn't seem to be growing as much anymore..." Miko mumbles, staring as she gently holds the wisteria branch swinging in front of her. Her eyes looked mawkish as she continued to observe it, twist it around, and even make it float using her magic. 

"Maybe it isn't the right season? Winter's near after all so, that could be the reason why." You say, also staring at the surrounding branches. You feel the area around you getting colder and colder lately so, that must only mean that winter is near. You sort of liked the cold. Mostly because of the fact that you have to be wearing comfortable clothes, you see your breath when you exhale, and Christmas!

"...Darling, if that was the case, then these petals would've been down months ago because of fall." She smirks, now letting go of the branch she was playing with and sits on the newly made bench you two created last week.

It's been... quite a long month for both of you. The last talk you two had about her past was about 2 weeks ago and, the rest of it has just been spent talking to each other and spending time with each other. You just talk about your daily life, her daily life back then, but never really the painful stuff.

"Right... they're magic trees... I forgot about that part." You say, looking back at her and smiling wryly. You then sit next to her, closing your eyes and feeling the cold wind hit your arms and your face. After feeling the insane heat of the summer and spring, the coldness of winter is definitely welcome.

"Well, they look so natural that it's normal to forget about the fact that they have magic in them. I do... wonder what would happen if they all suddenly disappear." She says, still talking about the trees. After so much time with them, it's inevitable to see them as real trees. Well, they are but, with magic, it doesn't feel the same.

But.. the sentence she said after that... You also do wonder what would happen if these trees suddenly disappeared. Would it just disappear like nothing happened? Or... would she also disappear with this entire garden? Such questions seem to be things that are better off unanswered.

"Let's not think about that. Let's just focus on getting them to grow and be even more beautiful!" You say, trying to stay optimistic and cheery. Not only for you, but for her as well. Be that as it may, it still feels rather... disconsolate in this garden. As if all of it's joy and life got siphoned out as winter draws nearer.

"...Right. I don't exactly know why I feel so... sentimental recently." She says, although turning into whispers as her sentence finishes. You then wonder if her feeling this way is connected to the garden also feeling this way. Or... maybe it's because of her sadness that it also feels sad.

You remain speechless, inarticulate in what to say at the moment. You could only stare at her with longing eyes, not even sure if she was longing to be saved or... put out of her misery. Even though you really want to give her advice, does she really need it? Apart from that, will you even be giving the right advice? What... exactly can you do, anyway?