☠Prologue☠

Luke

There it is again. The same old public service announcement on the news warning the world about the serial killers on the loose. The coffee shop grew quiet as many people stood or focused their attention on the television in the corner of the room. Everyone was hooked on the buzz about this serial killer.

"Reports say that national serial killer Michael Gordon Clifford is on he loose and traveling to the small town of Sea Pointe Massachusetts. He seems to be travelling with two other men, who's names have not been identified. Police state that all citizens of this town and nearby areas should take caution. Please do not hesitate to notify authorities if you have any information about the whereabouts of this national menace."

A picture of the killer flashed across the television screen. I swear I've seen this guy's face so much I could memorise it if I tried. Many people I the shop murmured and looked around worriedly.

The killer was headed for our town. Our tiny little town on the coast of a tiny state. The serial killer from Australia coming to our town.

I almost laughed at the situation. This 'killer' was obviously in it for the fame. Why else would you publicly display yourself as a killer and let the entire world know that.

"What are you laughing at?" Someone sitting next to me asked, horrified.

I snorted. "This is obviously just some media storm for attention. I'll bet the only thing this 'killer' wants to do is get attention and be famous."

The boy next to me scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You're quite cocky aren't you?" He asked with a smirk.

I sneered back jokingly and took a sip of my tea. "You aren't so good yourself." I said, also with a smirk.

"You're cute. My name's Calum." The boy, Calum, said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"You're pretty cute as well. I'm Luke." I smiled, shaking his hand. I glanced down at my watch and my eyes widened. "Look, I should be going soon. I have classes to get to-"

"I'm not stopping you." Calum smiled and pulled out my chair for me. "See you around?"

"Yeah sure." I said with a smile.

As I was walking out of the shop, a man sitting alone at a table next to the door eyed me suspiciously. I gave him a small smile and a wave and pushed the door open.

I was walking down the sidewalk, clutching my bag in one hand and my phone in the other, too distracted by it to look where I was walking. I suddenly bumped into someone, another man with wild purple hair.

"Sorry 'bout that, cutie." He said, giving me a creepy smile.

Weird.