Chapter 18 Out in the Open

Deku's POV~

My foot tapped nervesly as I stood at the front of a well known cafe. It was an agreed upon spot they picked later that day. I wore a grey hoodie and jeans. I kept my red sneakers, which I now believe brough me luck, and a black mask to cover my face. I glanced around, looking for my blonde friend. There was an abrupt sound of someone cleaning their throat behind me. I turned around to met ruby red eyes and spiked blonde hair.

"Hey, Izuku" The blonde greeted a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Before I could comprehend words to speak I brought him in a hug. His waist was still as thin as I remembered, reminding me of his struggles with jeans. He was still taller but not by much now and it seemed like he had gotten stronger. His black hoodie he wore was baggy around his waist, which was now forced to hug his body. I worried he could feel my fast beating heart as I hear his breath hitch before he wrapped his arms around me as well. I released a breath which I had forgoten I was holding, feeling my eyes tear up. After a while I let got to whip my eyes so I wouldn't flat out cry in front of him.

"So how are you?" Bakugou asked me in a little higher pitch then I remembered.

"I'm great, thanks. How are you? And the people you've been helping?" I asked.

"I'm fine, their doing much better we have homed many of them and only have a few in our care. Some have jobs now and are on the path to a normal life. Wanna talk over a drink?" Bakugou asked noding towards the cafe behind us.

"I'd love to! What do you want to talk about. Wait actually what was with those kids?" I asked now thinking back to how we met.

"Well, they were kids of a villain who was resently arrested. We delt with cases like that and we resuce them and have them adopted to trused families. We were able to finally get the conections for it. We have people in the system but they couldn't get a hold of the case so we had to manually do something" Bakugou explained as we headed into the coffee shop.

"Oh really? That seems nice, it's good to know you can better help people now. Do you still get in contact with heros in training?" I asked.

"Not as often no, we just wanted to leave a mark on the next generation. Once these ideals we need are taken into consideration and seen more then we did our job to better help everyone" Bakugou elaborated, "How about you? How are things doing in the field?"

"Oh it's great! I'm currently a side kick at the Fatgum agency. Just tell I can become a pro and get an agency started. I really like it as it's close with it's community" I replied.

He smiled faintly as I continued to explain further. I told him about the potrals and staff. At some point we ordered coffee and things seemed to smooth over form it's former awkwardness. I felt that comfort again, the same I usually got near him. I even pulled out a notebook of my goal list.

"Wow, I'm at the top now huh?" He asked with a smirk.

I took a double take at my list. Sure enough, he was at the top of my list now after graduating and finding an agency. I flushed slightly at the fact while he chuckled.

"It's nice to know you never forgot" he commented.

"Of course I wouldn't. I could never forget how you kidnapped me" I joked.

"Hey, that was a few years ago!" He faked defensiveness causing me to laugh.

A moment of silence followed as we sat in eachother's presences comfortably. I took a sip of my coffee as I glanced over Bakugou, a smile gleaming on his features.

"Do you still wanna be a hero?" I asked.

He choked on his drink slightly as he cleared his throat. He thought about it for a while before responding.

"I being hope to those around me and save lifes. What more could I want" He replied, glancing away, "Anyways what the plans to help the system?"

"Oh right. So I've been playing around with the idea for a while. One thing I thought of was implementing a law that requires heros to attempt to rescue all and to keep track of this we add body cams into our suits. The cams would prove our actions in a stiutation and leave a trail of what we did" I explained seeking his approval, gaining a nod.

"Next was a villain rehabilitation center. We test villains on their mental stability and if we find flaws we send them there to seek help. From there it can be monitored and desided their limitations in society. A second chance per say" I add.

"Seems reasonable to me. How woild you implement these ideas?" He asked.

"Every year the goverment meets with heros and discuss ideas to help us or civilians. Fatgum will be taking me in a few weeks and I plan on mentioning them their" I replied.

"Hopeful it does help. Does Fatgum know of these plans?" Bakugou asked.

"Yeah, he thinks the cams might at least be added but its worth a shot with all of it" I smiled.

Bakugou noded before standing up and stretching. He grabs his empty cup and takes mine as well, throwing them away. I stand again, following him as he began to exit. He stopped at the entrance and faced me.

"We'll, this is were our visit ends" Bakugou said glancing away.

"Wait what? But theres so much else to say. How will I contact you?" I asked.

"You won't, I'll contact you. Can't use the same burner twice, gambling is a fools game. I'll see you later?" He said the last part being a question.

I hugged him, embracing him for the last time until who knows when. He hesitated before returning the action, whispering something under his breath before resting his head on my shoulder.

"I'll find you again" he promised as he pulled away with a smirk, "haven't found a way away from you yet."

"Alright, stay safe" I laughed.

"Same to you" he replied before walking off.

"I can't promise that" I muttered back.

"Neither can I" he replied with a small smile.

Silence arounded us, as we stood in understandment. The movement of the croud swept through us like waves, moving them and returning, never loosing sight of one another.

"I love you" was the last thing Bakugou uttered before he disappeared into the croud.