Chapter 3 The Tunnel

Edited

Third-person POV~

"Listen and do as I say and we won't have problems, got it?" Bakugou said, towering over Deku. Deku hesitantly nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. Bakugou then moved forward and connected the chain to Deku's hands. He then untangled the other chains, removing them.
Bakugou gave the chain a slight tug, signaling for Deku to stand, which he did. They didn't exchange words as Bakugou dragged Deku out of the room. On the other side of the door was a barroom. Villains were scattered around the room, all staring at the two males when they entered the room. Bakugou held the chain tighter as he glared back at them.
They didn't exchange tounges and kept on the straight and narrow. Deku followed Bakugou warily, moving closer to him as the moved, and stared down at the ground. Bakugou then brought Deku out of the bar and out into the cool night.
The small wind ruffled their hair as Bakugou moved in a direction. The area they were heading close to was scattered with rubble and scraps of metal. Bakugou navigated through the mess, making sure Deku was close behind. Deku looked around at their surroundings, only looking at one thing for so long. Once they circled a pile of trash and rubble they came across a tunnel that was cracked and trashy but yet had a sense of protection.
Bakugou checked his duffel bag, which Deku stared at questionably before watching Bakugou close the bag and tug them into the dimly lit tunnel. They walked for what seemed like ten or so minutes made it to the other end, revealing a huge shelter like area. When they entered the spotted adults and children alike in the area. The adults seemed comforted by Bakugou's presence and smiled slightly.
However, the children excitedly ran up to Bakugou, smiling brighter than the sun. "Katsu!" They cheered as the ran up and hugged his legs, giggling. "Hey gremlins" Bakugou greeted as he ruffled a few of the kids' hair. 'What? Why are these people here and why do these kids seem so happy to see Kaachan?' Deku thought as he tried to find an answer to the situation he had found himself in. The children's glances turned to Deku now. "What is this?" Deku asked as he looked around at the trashy shelter and poorly cared for looking, people. "This is where we tend to those who the heroes rejected. Their safe here and under our care" Bakugou responded.
"What do you mean rejected?" Deku pushed for more answers. The children examined the two and waited patiently for attention. "What I mean is that the heroes... Could we talk about this when the kids aren't around? Speaking of which. Attack" Bakugou said to the children. The children giggled as the surrounded Deku, who watched them worriedly. "Wait no Kaachan! What do you mean attack!" Deku said stumbling back a little but couldn't move far.
"Have fun Deku. Harm one of them and I'll smash your head into the pavement" Bakugou said as he walked away towards the adults. The kids moved closer as the smiled happily at Deku. Then, all at once the jumped at Deku, grabbing a hold of them and hugging his tightly. "Special move! Hug attack!" Kids cheered. The children accidentally knocked Deku over as Deku seemed to rub off on the children, a smile coming across his face.
Bakugou had begun handing out things to adults like food, water, and medical attention. He could hear the giggles of the children as he did these things and finishing not too soon after a few minutes or so.
"Hey mister, what's your name?" Asked a young girl who sat on his chest as the others sat around Deku, all giggling. "My name? My name is Izuku Madoriya" Deku responded, the cheerful tone rubbing off on him and causing him to smile. "How do you know Katus? You're not like the other scary people that sometimes come with him" asked a boy who seemed to be the oldest of the kids.
"Well, he and I grew up together. We are friends, well used to be at least" Deku answered. The kids listened to Deku, questioning him about himself and about what it's like outside. "You're going to be a hero? Mommy said heroes are bad people. Are you bad people?" One of the children asked. "Wha-" Deku started, confused, but was cut off by someone.