004

I took his hand and stood up. We made our way to my room.
I thanked Xavier while he just smiled at me. I smiled back and quickly shut the door and locked it.

I put myself into a nightgown, laid down and opened the drawer, and took the book out.

I didn't even start to read one page because I suddenly heard the door slowly open.
I widened my eyes „D-didn't I lock it..?"

I could feel how fear took my body and I tried not to freak out.
I stood up and made my way to the door. I gently closed the door but something was different.
Something feels different.

It's the atmosphere. The atmosphere in this room changed as if I'm not alone in this room.
I tried to ignore it and got back into the sheets. Yet the way I felt a presence or how I felt watched is still scary.

'Maybe I should read the book tomorrow. I should go to sleep right now. Hopefully, this atmosphere is going to change when I wake up.'

Next day

I woke up seeing a view of maids packing my clothes for the move-out.
One maid came in with tea, „Good morning, Y/n." She placed the big plate in front of me and bowed. She stood there looking down. I guess she is a bit scared of me.
I lifted my arm and motioned for her to go.

I drank my tea and a few minutes later I told the maids to leave the room so I could put on some clothes.

The maids started to pack my things again but suddenly one of the maids wanted to open the drawer of my nightstand. „No." I held her arm and stopped her movements. She widened her eyes out of the shock of me stopping her. „Tell all the maids not to touch this nightstand. Everything in here is none of your business."

The maid nodded in a fast speed and bowed before leaving the room, also in a fast speed. She didn't even glance a second at me out of nervousness.

Did I overreact? I don't even know why...

Time skip

„Now it's time to go, father." I hugged him when I saw tears in his eyes. „Don't worry, father. I'll call when something happens."

Father broke the embrace and nodded before looking at Xavier, who was standing next to me with a few of my things in his hands.

Father took his hands in his, „Please take good care of my daughter. I give you all my trust, Xavier." Xavier gave my father a „Good" smile. A smile that said, 'You can count on me' in many ways. Father nodded when he saw his smile and smiled back at him.

„I'll send you both money once a month," Father said going back to standing next to Ymir. „I already sent you about 400.000 dollars. I hope this is enough right? If not just ask me anytime and I'll tell Ymir to send more."

Ymir nodded and smiled at both of us, „Have a good time." she bowed before making space to let us out. „2/3 of your things are already in the car. Y'all can drive right away."

I thanked Ymir. But not with words. I hugged her. She deserves it. She is a hard-working woman who is always there when we need something. I see her as a mother figure and I hope it stays like that even when I'm in New York.

Xavier grabbed my arm and broke the hug between Ymir and me. I frowned and looked up at his over the six-feet tall figure.

He smiled while his grip became stronger. „I think that we're enough hugs right?" his grip slowly started to hurt me. „I think we should go now."

I winced and he let go of my arm. He gestured for me to leave and I did. I looked back one more time before making my way into the car.

But then I remembered something. The book. I stopped the driver and opened the car door.

„Y/n, where are you going?" Xavier asked me with confusion in his voice. I saw how the driver glanced curiously in the mirror to look back at us.

„M-my book!" I explained panicked. „I-I'm really sorry."

It's not even my book. And it is not even that important but something in me just needs this book. Something about this book is telling me to read it and I am confused on why.

„I have put your book in one of the bags," Xavier told me and took my hand to help me inside of the car again.

I sighed in relief „Thank God." but then I realized something. „How do you know which book I meant? And how did you even get it? I told the maids not to touch anything on the nightstand..."

Xavier just smiled at me and told the driver to drive. I looked at him in disbelief. What the heaven is going on.
Don't get me wrong, I like Xavier. He is an attractive-looking, tall man. But...something about him is different than the people I have met in my life.
Maybe it is because I still don't know him that much.

After hours of driving and sleeping, we finally arrived in New York City.

I was excited as we were currently standing in front of the apartment door, that I could soon call my home.

A maid that would stay with us named Emmeline opened the door with the key.
She stepped back and I took the first step into the room.

It was beautiful. It was a small corridor with one room with a bathroom and a guest room. If you go further there is the living room and if you look to the left there is the kitchen. Besides the kitchen, there is another door that goes to the storage room and the basement.

The living room has a beautiful view of the city. On the right from the living room, there is a dining area and besides that, there are stairs that go up to the other rooms.

„Wow..." I was amazed. „This is beautiful!"

I turned around and saw the maid and Xavier looking around before looking into my eyes.
I smiled at them and held my arms up, „Let's get it started!"

They both smiled and started unpacking.

{A/n: I apologize for the mistakes and that this chapter is shorter than usual but I'll post another chapter soon. I hope you enjoy it. Have a good day/ night.
And don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me if you want to support me, the author. Thank you.}