Im sorry, Giyuu

I watched as his lips slightly parted as to say something, but he seemed to have decided against it. So I took the chance. "Giyuu..."

The fragile silence was then broken by Sanemis unusually soft voice, quietly calling out Giyuus name. Sanemi spoke out, "I'm sorry Giyuu, but what happened...?" Giyuu tensed up. He slowly extended out his arm and patted the soft grass next to him, signaling for Sanemi to come. Giyuu, as confused as he was, found himself to be surprisingly open towards Sanemi.

    Sanemi quickly understood and walked over to him, his footsteps making the slightest sound. He gently sat down, the atmosphere feeling awkward. Giyuu broke the silence, surprising them both, "do you know where we are right now, Sanemi?"

  Sanemi bit his lip anxiously thinking of a response. He replied with,
"No..I don't"
"This is my sisters gravestone, Sanemi.." giyuu said with mixture of sadness and sternness, to express his dissatisfaction with the fact the Sanemi had followed him here.

     Sanemi was at a loss for words, "What..." . Giyuu said it again, "My sisters gravestone, Sanemi!" Giyuus tone was harsh and cold, cutting through Sanemi's thick skin. Sanemi had no reply, his better judgement telling him to stay silent.

"...sorry...I'm...I'm not doing my best right now...." They were both silent for a moment. Giyuu gathered his courage and opened the frozen cold gate that held the memories of everything he wanted to forget. Giyuus way of coping was to shove everything down, down as deep as he could, and suppress them until he forgot them. Or, really, ignored them.

    "My sister, she was killed by a demon.... She hid me before being devoured... I can still her her screams of anguish and pain, ringing in my head."

  His head hung down lower. Sanemi had lost his talent of comforting people. He would cuddle his siblings and mother, calm them down when they would cry, tell them stories before bed, but since then he's lost it. He slowing reached  his scarred hand towards Giyuus small timid shoulder.

    Giyuu slightly tensed up, but relaxed soon after knowing he could trust Sanemi. Sanemi realized and went forward, soon cuddling Giyuu in the crook of his neck.

Sanemi heard him let out a deep sigh. Soon after, Giyuu spoke again. "I knew what I saw was true, and I tried to warn my village, trying to keep them safe from the danger. Each person I told looked at me like I was over the top crazy, then scolded me and walked away...." They were both silent for a moment. Sanemi Spoke next.

    "Is there anything else, you still seem like somethings hidden inside...?" Giyuu thoguht about telling the truth, uprooting it and letting it grown in acceptance and happiness, or shoving it down deeper to have it sit like a lump in his throat.

    He choose the first.

    Giyuu started once again. "I gave up on everything. I decided to act normal and pretend everything was fine, forget that I had no family, and a demon had devoured my sister. They fell for it  for a interval of time before sending me away to be "treated""

    Sanemi though for a moment. "Giyuu....you know what my mother told me when I was younger?"  Giyuu shook his head no.

    "Never shrink yourself for small-minded people..."