Clouded

'I'll get her later' Sanemi thought.

     As Shinobu sprinted away in one direction, and giyuu in another, Sanemi was left alone with his thoughts and the sound of the shallow wind.  He found the non existent presence rather calming, but as a hashira with little spare time he knew he should report back to Oyakata Sama sooner than later.

   As his mind filled to the brim with thoughts, he dashed back and was given a mission to kill some demon in the south west with his crow.

When he arrived back, he came with some rather severe injuries. 'I can't believe a low rank demon roughed me up this bad..' Sanemi thought to himself as he limped back to the butterfly mansion.

Shinobu was stunned when she saw him. She knew herself that these were from no injuries high rank demon. 'His mind must be clouded with his thoughts to be this rash' she thought to herself as she rushed to grab Kanao and some bandages.

When shinobu returned back with Kanao by her side, they could both clearly tell Sanemi was no longer concerned with his health, and more so with something unknown at the time. He let them treat him, which was already a red flag as he always refused treatment, stating he was fine on his own. This time, he just stared into the distance whilst his wounds were disinfected.

     Suddenly, he spoke out, "where is giyuu??" Shinobu smiled with a small exhale. "Hes not back yet, why?"
"Isn't that to long to be gone for a hashira and a low rank demon??"
"Maybe, but I wouldn't think to much of it."

Sanemi didn't take those words to heart. For the next couple of days whilst he was recovering, that's all he would think about. During the few short visits from the other Hashiras (mostly Mitsuri) his mind was completely elsewhere (Mostly Giyuu) except for the few short responses he gave.

One day, during sanemis average meal time he and the other injured demon slayers patiently waited for their lunch, usually delivered by Kanao. Five minutes passed, then ten, next it was twenty. Still no sign of Kanao, or Shinobu.

Sanemi decided to get up, against Shinobus warnings as his leg was severely damaged. He grunted from the pain whilst walking to the double doors leading outside, and as he walked out his eyes landed on the cluster of demon slayers hovering over a body,
His jaw dropped and his legs gave in.

IM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT
I think I'm gonna close up this series in the next few parts bc I found out I have zero commitment 😀
I believe I'm gonna start doing one shots, so if u have any requests lmk!!