Its my turn

Sanemi though for a moment. "Giyuu....you know what my mother told me when I was younger?" Giyuu shook his head no.

"Never shrink yourself for small-minded people..."

     Giyuu and Sanemi sat in a calming scilence for a moment, letting the words sink deep.  Giyuu though about the words, visualizing it in his head. It almost made him laugh, thinking of a miniature Giyuu shirking inside someone's head, but he had to many other emotions to let happiness win. Sanemi almost sensed Giyuus inner conversation as he let out a tiny giggle, which in response got one from Giyuu as well.

    Giyuu then spoke, "That really is amazing Sanemi...your mother sounds amazing..."

Sanemi wanted to cry.

"....yeah.. she was...." This made Giyuu regret everything he just said instantly. He spoke, stutters breaking up his sentence into isolated chunks. "O-oh..I'm s-sorry...." He slightly shifted his weight and gave Sanemi and gently squeeze, hugging his tiny waist, burying his head in his chest.

Sanemi couldn't hold it anymore. His tears fell in slow intervals, dripping down to the ground. He hugged back. Neither of them had felt any affection since their lives got destroyed by demons. 'Such a foreign feeling' they both thought whilst hugging each other.

They stayed like this for quite a while, enjoying each others embrace like it was their last. Both constantly live in perpetual fear, as being a demon slayer means there's a constant chance of death. Becoming attached to someone just seemed like setting yourself up for failure to the both of them.

While they were both lost in each other's touch, Shinobu happened to be ominously lurking behind them, keeping in her taunting giggles as to not reveal herself. She had no harmful intentions, she was just being nosy. Classic Shimobu. She planned to keep this a secret until the worst moment, and use it as blackmail, probably.

    Shinobu did feel a great deal of empathy for the two, but she knew they'd grow through this and rise up.

In front of Shinobu, the two, still completely enthralled in each other touch, were unpleasantly surprised by giyuus crow, screeching In the backround, "Giyuu, Giyuu, you have a mission!!". It continued to blather on until giyuu sighed, and slowly released his grip from Sanemi waist, and he did the same.

"Sorry..I've got to go now.." giyuu managed to spit out, annoyance clear in his voice, despite the fact that this was his job and had been for years. Giyuu gripped his sword and placed it in his belt, and brushed off his uniform of the grass and dirt from the ground.
Sanemi nodded and smile, then got up and walked over to giyuu, he extended his hand out and picked out a flower petal from giyuus hair, then caressing his cheek. He racked his brain of something to say to make the interacting less awkward, coming up with, "please, stay safe..."

Giyuu gave a soft awkward smile, making Sanemis heat beat just a bit faster than he'd like to ever admit. "Don't worry, I'll be just fine, Sanemi"

He turned, around and started to walk away before turning around and giving Sanemi one more smile and wave. He then turned back around, and in a spilt second he was completely gone from sight.

Neither of them understood anything from what just happened. They weren't dating, yet they acted like it. Both unconsciously thought they were to broken for the other to ever love, so both shared the same emotion of doubt.

Sanemi shook his head, trying to physically get ride of the thoughts. From behind him, Shinobu spoke, "Something troubling you, Sanemi?" With a taunting smile following soon after. Before Sanemi could react, she sprint away, leaving Sanemi alone, full of rage. If she had stayed a second longer Sanemi would have gotten to her, and clearly she knew that too.

'I'll get her later' Sanemi thought.

FINALLY IM AT A STOPPING POINT-
This chapter took me so long for some reason 😭
Anyway, thanks for reading! I hope your enjoying my short series (686 words total)