Prologue

It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation

It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another hundred years to become survivable again. Four more space-locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream. This is reality.

Brielle Griffin was always seen as one of the privileged which she was, but that's not who Brielle wanted to be. She was always an optimist but the ground had changed that. She always had a lot of pressure put on her because she was a Griffin.

Her mom an amazing doctor, Her dad a big time engineer, and her twin sister their moms protégé. Brielle knew a thing or two about medicine, but Clarke always had a better understanding. Clarke is only a couple minutes older than Brielle.

The only reason Abby was allowed to have twins was because she was a member of the council and she was the best doctor they had so they could float her and they would never do that to her children.

Brielle and Clarke have many similarities but there two totally opposite people. Clarke was a natural born leader, and Brielle was always a logical thinker, she thought before every decision she made. They both complemented each other. Until Brielle snapped.

Your 18th birthday is usually a one of the best days, except on the Ark. Any crime on the Ark was no matter how small was punishable by death, unless your under 18. Juvenile offenders get put in something they call the Skybox.

The twins father was floated for threatening to go against the councils decision. He found the major problem on the Ark, there would only be about a years worth of oxygen left on the Ark.

Brielle was charged for assaulted towards the officer who arrested her father.

Brielle's and Clarke's 18th birthday was coming up in the near future, Brielle was terrified that she was about to get floated without saying goodbye to her mom and sister. But she along with 100 other delinquents were given a second chance.

~Authors note~

This is my first book i've written. I hope you enjoy if not no hard feelings.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you continue to read <3