Chapter Five: Rescue Mission

As the group was running back, a million thoughts were running through their minds

As the group was running back, a million thoughts were running through their minds. Was Jasper alive? Who took Jasper? Why did they wait so long to do it? Where were they taking him? But those thought were interrupted once they saw Murphy and Wells in a knife fight.

"Wells! Let him go!" Clarke yelled while Brielle and Jasper carry Octavia back into camp.

"Enough, Murphy." Bellamy yelled before he saw Octavia, Jasper, and Brielle. "Octavia. Are you all right?" He said while they gave her to Bellamy.

"Yeah." Octavia responded.

"Where's the food?" Bellamy asked the rest of us.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Brielle told Bellamy while still catching her breath.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asked.

"We were attacked." Clarke said.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells questioned.

"Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last Grounder." Finn explained.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke said.

"Yeah, the bad news is the Grounders will." Finn finished Clarke's sentence.

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asked.

"He has a name! Jasper was hit, they took him." Brielle snapped at Wells.

"Where is your wristband?" Clarke asked Wells.

"Ask him." Wells said pointing to Bellamy.

"How many?" Brielle asked.

"Twenty-four and counting." Murphy said.

"You idiots." Brielle said.

"Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" Clarke explained to the crowd.

"We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The Grounders should worry about us!" Bellamy yelled while the delinquents agree.

Bellamy caught Brielle glance, he could tell she was pissed. But why did he care what Brielle Griffin thought of him?

Brielle was beyond upset with Bellamy. 'She's one of the privileged' their all down here because they committed a crime of some sort. So why were they being treated differently?

"What do we do now?" Monty asked the twins.

"Now we go after Jasper." Clarke said.

--------------------------

Brielle and Bellamy were tending to Octavia's wounds when Clarke and Wells came over to them.

"You could have been killed." Bellamy scolded.

"She would have been if Brielle and Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out." Clarke said joint the conversation.

Bellamy looked at Brielle with a surprised and confused look on his face.

"You guys leaving? I'm coming, too." Octavia said while trying to stand up but Clarke and Bellamy immediately pushing her back down.

"No, no. No way. Not again." Bellamy explained to his younger sister.

"He's right. Your leg's just gonna slow us down." Clarke said. "I'm here for you." pointing at Bellamy.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Wells asked.

Clarke ignored him, "I hear you have a gun."

Bellamy lifted up his shirt a bit revealing is abs. Brielle admired him for a couple seconds before realizing what she was doing. She looked away before anyone could notice, but Bellamy noticed.

"Good. Follow me." Clarke ordered.

"And why would I do that?" Bellamy scoffed.

"Because you want them to follow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared."

Bellamy considered it before speaking, "Murphy. Come with me. Atom? My sister doesn't leave this camp. Is that clear?"

"I don't need a babysitter." Octavia said.

"Anybody touches her, they answer to me." Bellamy ordered.

Brielle leaned over to Octavia and whispered, "Make his life a living hell."

Octavia looked at her and nodded before Brielle walked off with Murphy and Bellamy.

Bellamy whispered to Brielle, "I saw you staring earlier, like what you see Sunshine?"

"In your dreams, Charming." Brielle said before winking and walking further ahead.

"Since when are we in the rescuing business, huh? And when did you and Blondie become a thing?" Murphy asked.

"The Ark thinks the prince is dead. Once they think the princess is, too, they'll never come down. I'm getting that wristband, even if I have to cut off her hand to do it." Bellamy said before realizing he forgot to say something. "And me and Sunshine over there, aren't a thing."

"Shame, she's hot." Murphy replied.

Bellamy felt angry, was he jealous that Murphy just called Brielle hot?

~Authors note~

Is Bellamy jealous?

Again thanks for reading! Love you all <3