Chapter Thirteen: Life or Death?

Clarke and Brielle stand side by side just inside the dropship looking at the raging storm outside.

The sky was black and the wind was blowing harshly. The rain hitting the metal dropship wasn't a nice sound, It was harsh. The thunder outside was booming and when the lightning struck there was a huge crack shortly after.

"This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station." They could hear Raven saying into the radio she built.

Brielle and Clarke decide to come back closer in the dropship and going over to Raven.

"Come in Ark Station. This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station. Please come in." She pleaded again sounding more desperate.

"Can anybody hear me?" Raven said again more sternly this time.

"Are you sure you have the right frequency?" A girl asked beside Raven.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Raven snapped at the girl.

"Raven." Clarke says calmly trying to get the girls attention.

"You can do this. Okay?" Brielle said knowing Clarke wasn't the most comforting at times.

"Calling Ark Station." Raven said calming down while Clarke walks over to Finn and changes the bandage around the knife still in his chest.

Raven looks over at Finn and her expression saddens. Brielle notices and places a hand on the girls shoulder trying to comfort her. "Ark station. Please come in. I'm on the ground with the hundred."

Raven looked over at Finn's unconscious body "We need you." She said quietly.

Raven continued to call The Ark while Brielle walked over to her sister and grabbed her hand. Clarke squeezed it back as a thank you.

"Calling Ark Station. The hundred are alive." Raven tried to inform The Ark.

" This is a restricted station. Who is this? Please identify yourself." A man's voice came out of the radio.

Clarke and Brielle look at each in relief and run over to the radio.

"This is Raven Reyes. I- I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin. Doctor Abby Griffin. Now." Raven begged.

A couple moments pass until the twins hear a familiar voice, "Raven? Are you there?"

"Mom?" Clarke asks.

"Mom. It's us." Brielle said.

"Clarke? Brielle?" Abby asks in disbelief.

"Mom, We need your help." Clarke informed their mother.

"One of our people was stabbed by a Grounder." Brielle explained giving them more context.

"Clarke. Brielle. This is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?" Jaha said.

"Yes, the Earth is survivable. We're not alone." Clarke replied.

"Mom, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest." Brielle explained.

Seconds pass before a voice speaks up asking a question the twins dreaded to hear, "Girls. Is my son with you?" The Chancellor asks.

The twins look at each with pained expressions. Brielle could tell how hard it would be if Clarke told him.

"I'm so sorry. Wells is- Wells is dead." Brielle explained.

"I'm going to talk you through it, step by step." Abby stated over the radio.