118

The days we're getting closer to Felix's Graduation, it was already mid-month and Chan had a work trip coming up too. It was Monday and the older would leave Wednesday morning and come back Saturday.

He was at work while Felix was having smoothies with Jisung at a cafe talking about their owners trip since Minho would be going too.

*meow*

"Are you excited Sungie?? We can do fun stuff while Channie and Minho are working!" He meowed, Jisung shyly looked down poking at his straw.

"Actually Lixie...I'm not going on this one..." he meowed quietly, Felix's cat ears went down giving a sad meow.

"Huh...? But why?? Minho and Channie said we can always go with them-"

"I know Lixie but...yesterday I heard them on the phone while I was eating..." Jisung sighed, Felix leaned closer curiously.

"Heard something...?"

"Mmhm, I heard this work trip is making them really stressed and anxious because of some new clinical trial the company has to approve...and Minho and Chan are the presenters...so Minho is worried they won't do a good job..."

What...?

*meow*

"Oh..." Felix looked down becoming quiet thinking all of that over.

"Ya, so I don't want to be in the way or distract Minho with his work this trip...he always wants to do stuff with me when we go...but I want him to focus on doing a good job...maybe you should stay home too. It will be ok though Lixie, it's just one trip we won't go on...think about Chan too!" He meowed, Felix gave a small meow and nod.

"Um...ok..."

Maybe Sungie is right...?

Those thoughts were running through Felix's mind all day while he was hanging out with his friend even to when he was going home later.

I don't want to be in the way and distract Channie...his work is important...I guess I'll just stay home...

*click*

*meow*

"Kitten?"

*meow*

"Channie?"

Felix came home, not expecting Chan to be home early as well. The older heard his meow and the door open, Felix removed his shoes padding inside to be surprised with their kitchen lit with candles and dinner Chan was making.

"Hi kitty cat~
There you are, surprise beautiful~" Chan went up to him kissing his soft lips hugging his waist, the younger blushed shyly kissing him back still in awe of what was laid out.

"Channie...? What's all of this for...?" Felix meowed seeing dessert on the counter as well and some chilled wine Chan had opened already.

"Nothing really, just wanted to surprise my sweetheart with a romantic at home dinner date~
So I came home early and made your favorites, picked up some dessert...oh! And...~"

Chan had Felix's laptop on the counter opened to a website as he pulled the boy over to it.

*meow*

"And I was looking up things for us to do and beautiful restaurants my kitty and I will have date night at too~
Since we'll be in a new city, I have plenty of things I want to do with my kitten~" Chan teased hugging him from behind kissing his neck, Felix felt his heart flutter from Chan's sweet gesture. He smiled and giggled getting excited...but then remembered what Jisung told him...

Wait...oh...

"Um-"

"Hm? Is my kitty excited to come with me on my trip again? I always love my beautiful blue eyed princess with me~" Chan happily kissed his neck some more hugging his waist tighter, Felix looked down for a moment then slowly turned in his hold to the older.

"Channie..."

"Yes baby?~" Chan kissed his nose, Felix bit his lip looking away then back at him.

Channie doesn't like me lying but...

"I-I can't go with you on your trip..." he meowed nervously, as soon as he sad that...Chan's smile faded...

"Wait...what...? Why not??" He looked at the boy with sad eyes, Felix was trying his best of thinking of a lie though...

"Um...oh, um Joshua called me today and said I have to work each day this week..." he mumbled, Chan was quiet looking at the laptop screen then back at him.

"Can't someone else take your shifts...? Or-"

"S-sorry Channie he told me um...no exceptions and I have to work each day..." Felix meowed with big eyes trying to lie still, Chan sighed looking down then back at him.

"Well...ok...it can't be helped...it's your work and it's important...it's just...I planned so much for us to do...and I'll miss you a lot for 4 days..." Chan said with sadness kissing him, Felix purred some cupping his cheeks.

He kissed the older back but did feel some guilt he lied and Chan was sad...

It's for Channie's work...it's more important than spending time with me this time...from what Jisung told me...

*meow*

"N-next time Channie, I'll come! This trip too is important for your work Channie, so Channie will work hard on it with Minho" he smiled cupping Chan's face, Chan hummed with a pout.

"I know...but you know I always like my kitten with me~" he kissed his cheeks and lips, Felix gave a shy giggle hugging him rubbing his face in his chest.

"I always like being with Channie too!" He meowed loudly, but hid his fading smile in Chan's chest.

I'm sorry Channie, but this time I can't be...you have to focus on your work...And not me...

                                             ~

The next day Felix was at work when the older tried to visit him on his break.

*Ding*

"Welcome to-
Oh hey Chan!"

"Hi Joshua! What's up?"

The older stepped in seeing it wasn't as busy starting some small talk with him.

"Oh nothing much! We have a small break, so I told Felix and Gowon to get me more ingredients from the essence shop!" He meowed.

"Really? Did he just leave? Well damn...I was trying to say hi to him, I only have a short break today" Chan joked lightly with a small sigh leaning on the counter.

"Oh...sorry Chan! Here I'll make it up to you with a Vanilla latte!" He meowed.

"Oh, well thanks Joshua!"

"No problem! Sorry you missed Felix, he should be back later...today he's been helping a lot since he has the rest of the week off!" He said making the latte, when Chan heard that he was puzzled...because Felix had told him he was working all week.

"Week off...? I thought he had to work each day...? That's what he told me..." Chan muttered raising an eyebrow, Joshua was also confused and thinking as well handing them latte to him.

*meow*

"He did...? That's strange...I know he took the rest of the week off because of some trip he was going on with you? He told me since last week...hm...maybe he mixed up the days or something? Anyways, he doesn't have to come in after today! So he's all free!"

"Ya...that's strange..." Chan was thinking in his head getting the latte, all he could try to figure out was something wasn't right...

Something doesn't add up...