Out Of My Head

I woke up in bed, covered in a cold sweat. My hair was matted down from it.

Y/n:What the hell? Why am I sweating like this?

I stood up and walked into my bathroom, turning on the shower head.  I stepped in and let the cold water run over me but I didn't hear water, I heard screams. I grabbed my head, I knew the voice screaming inside my head.

Y/n:She can't be here!!!

I sat down in the shower, letting the water slam down on my head as I clutched my skull. It was my mother's voice, her screams. I closed my eyes shut and waited, eventually the screams went away and I stood back up but I slipped in the shower and fell back down. I laid there for a minute, staring at the ceiling.

Y/n:What's happening?? Why am I remembering back then? Why now?

I stood up and turned the shower off, I dryed off and looked at myself in the mirror. For a split second I didn't see myself, I saw the mask of The Batman. My reflection went back to normal quickly but I saw. I walked out of the bathroom and dressed myself before leaving my room and walking down the stairs. I went to the cave and started researching PTSD, I was diagnosed awhile ago but I was also told that I had made a recovery from my trauma. After I researching for a bit I heard footsteps, so I changed the tab to the crime activity of Japan.

Stephanie:You're sure up late.

Y/n:So are you.

Stephanie:Yeah, I woke up for something to drink but I saw the light coming from the cave. You should close the door when you come down here.

Y/n:Sorry, I got distracted.

Stephanie:Anyways, what are you doing?

Y/n:I wanna see if there's any activity that will lead us to Riddler.

After looking at the reports I stood up and walked away, I moved towards the case of the suit. I grabbed it and began to put it on.

Stephanie:What are you doing? Today's your day off.

Y/n:I don't need a day off. I need to find that bastard.

Stephanie:Are you okay?

Y/n:Just fine.

I jumped into the batmobile and started to drive in to the city, once in the city's heart I left the car and started going from roof top to roof top. Eventually I saw a group of dealers, so I jumped down and landed on ones back. I looked up at them and the fear they had was great. I lunged at one and broke his jaw with my punch, I didn't know why but I was so angry. I grabbed another and snapped his leg at the knee, a severe injury. I kept taking them out, hoping that my anger would vanish but it didn't. I jumped onto the last guy and started punching him, over and over again in the face. My knuckles got bloody and his face became covered in his own blood.

Stephanie:Y/N!!! STOP! You'll kill him!

Y/n:Maybe he deserves it!

I heard my mother scream as I looked at this man but I didn't see him, I saw my father. I threw the guy down and backed away, blood dripping from my fists. I looked at my hands, at how bloody they were.

Y/n:What am I doing?

Stephanie:You're not okay right now, come back home and we'll get you checked out.

Y/n:R-right.

I grappled up to the roof and started to walk back home, I didn't really trust myself to drive at that moment.

Catwoman:Hey hot stuff.

I turned around to see Catarina, I went to turn around but I saw her eyes trace down to my hands.

Catwoman:Woah...... What did you do?

Y/n:Get away from me, my head is messed up. I'm not myself right now.

As I said that I heard a little voice in the back of my head.

Me??:Or maybe this is who I always was? Filled with rage, not fit to be a hero?

I tried to ignore it as I walked away from Catarina, my head pulsing with pain.

Catwoman:Hold on, let me come with you.

Y/n:I can't.

Catwoman:Fine, do what you need to do.

She leaped away and I went back home. Once I was there Steph took my blood as I sat there, looking at my hands. They were clean but that didn't mean they weren't bloody, I thought back to everything I had done back in Gotham. Fighting just to fight, no purpose. I just wanted an outlet for my rage and, now, being Batman was becoming how I let loose. Steph came back with the results.

Stephanie:You haven't been drugged, so that's good.

Y/n:What's wrong with me?

Stephanie:I-I don't know.

Y/n:Was Bruce ever like this?

Stephanie:Brutally angry? Yeah, he still kinda is. He just doesn't let that anger control him. To be honest, he's probably only still alive because of how angry he is.

Y/n:Will I end up like that? Only living day to day because of how mad I am at the scum of this world?

Stephanie:I think you just need rest. Go lay down for awhile.

Y/n:Yeah, you're right.

I left the cave and walked up the stairs but as I did I remembered back to my conversation with Jason.

"Jason:I can't believe he picked someone like you. You should be down there, with the other monsters. The monsters I'm going to put down like dogs."

I pushed his words out of my head as I opened my door, Catarina sitting in the window.

Y/n:You're here.

Catarina:You're not okay, I'm here to help.

Y/n:By flirting with me?

Catarina:By making you rest, now lay down.

Y/n:I was already going to rest.

Catarina:Yeah but we both know you would have gotten bored of it.

Y/n:I-fine.

I laid down and rolled away from her, my back facing her.

Catarina:That's a cute mole on your neck.

Y/n:What?

I looked back at her, I was really confused.

Catarina:I'm sorry, was that werid?

Y/n:No, it's just, I don't have a mole on my neck.

I swung my hand onto the back of my neck and I heard something break, I looked at my hand and saw some kind of disk.

Y/n:That bastard, he put a microchip on me.

Catarina:That's why you've been pissed.

Y/n:Alright Nigma, you made this personal.