Chapter 14: No Introduction

"Lord Evans?"

He heard a voice from outside his office door. Usually, on a busy night like this, no one would come to his office as they were too busy handling customers and such. Lisa had always been a quiet one and so it was quite rare for her to come to his office at all. Usually, one of his other staff would fetch him; for VIPs or 'difficult' people.

He raised an eyebrow before putting his paperwork away and wandlessly opening the door.

"Is there a problem?" he sighed.

"You told me to tell you if the Dark Lord showed up?"

Harry perked up. The Dark Lord was here again. After his letter and 'apology' he wasn't sure if he was going to come to Demeure again. Then again, if he learnt anything from his previous encounters with the man, his curiosity always got the better of him. The man sure love a Riddle.

"Yes..." he nodded.

"He's here...with Lord Loculus."

Harry nodded, "Thank you Miss Ashford."

She nodded timidly before leaving.

Harry rested his forehead on his table. How in Earth was the Dark Lord in the very next room and not trying to kill him?

The logic was inexplicable. Knowing what he had to do, he picked himself up from the very comfy chair and strapped his wand to his wand holster. He shook his head to get rid of any tiredness he may have collected from Transfiguration, Potions and DADA that day and stormed out of the room, looking very confident.

His eyes scanned the crowd and landed on what looked to be an older version of Tom Riddle. He was definitely not expecting that. Then again, he wasn't going to expect a pale snake-like creature from the graveyard. He almost shuddered at the thought.

He stalked over to the table, not paying any mind to those staring at him.

~~~

The meeting with Francois had gone well and Tom was more than happy about that. Although they had sat in that meeting for around 5 hours or so, it seemed that he still wasn't done ironing out the details. Voldemort had offered for the Vampire Lord to come to Gaunt Manor but, for obvious reasons, they suggested that they meet at Demeure des Ombres again. It was worth a shot.

They once again found themselves at Colten Alley staring at the wall before them. This time, it was only Tom and Severus as the youngest Malfoy was no longer needed and Lucius was busy on a mission.

Severus was not looking forward to having his Occlumency shields bypassed yet again and grimaced at the thought. He shook his head and walked into the bar with his cape billowing behind him.

This time, the lady at the counter simply let them through, knowing that they were high clientele and that it would not do well to question them. Besides, if they meant any harm, an alarm would have gone off by now.

They were greeted by the rather cheery atmosphere of the place and this time, knowing where they were going, made their way to their booth.

After a few compulsory words of greeting, completely useless in Tom's mind, they sat and began to lay out the basic outline of their contract. Severus had gone to a barstool and had a drink, exchanging small talk with a few Vampires surrounding him.

Before they could begin of the First Clause, however, Tom heard the room go somewhat quiet and then he felt that lure of Dark Magic.

He found the source and smirked.

~~~

Harry, or Noir, made his way over to their booth and bowed shallowly to Francois.

"Frank, my good man, how are you?" he greeted politely. Not many knew that he had a nickname. Most wouldn't ever picture him as a 'Frank'. Noir was not 'most'.