6. Prankster

William sat in the car, waiting. He watched as the man left his house, started his car, and began backing out of his driveway. William gripped the wheel and began to drive. He sped up, timing it perfectly. The man's car just got out of the driveway as William's collided into the side of it. He stopped the car and approached the man's window, assessing the damage. The driver's door was bent in on his legs, crushing them, and blood was dripping from the man's left arm.

     William ripped open the car door and rolled up his sleeves. He grabbed the man by his shirt and tugged once. The man let out a loud yell of pain. William tried again, grabbing the man with both hands and pulling him out of the car with more force, ignoring the even worse cries coming from the man. William threw him against the side of the car and held a knife at his throat. The man looked terrified. There was more blood gushing from his legs. William had to practically hold the guy up to keep him from falling.

     Will pulled out a bottle of vodka from his bag. "Drink this or I'll chop you to bloody bits."

     The man hesitated, still in shock. Will set the man down on the paved road. He rested his shoe on the large gash on the man's leg and stepped on it, receiving another agonized shriek. The man writhed in pain under his foot.

     William handed him the bottle, and he complied. The man stopped after only a couple sips.

     "The whole thing."

     The man looked at him, bewildered. William raised his foot again, and the man began chugging. He only stopped every once in a while to breathe between swallows. He sounded like he was drowning on it.

     Will stood there for a bit, listening to the man drinking and looking out into the dark night. No one was around.

     After the man finished the bottle, William once again held the knife to his throat and spoke in a lethal tone, "Now, Jacob Collins, after drinking an entire bottle of vodka, you decided to get in your car around 10pm and sped out of the driveway, crashing into me. Right?"

     The alcohol was already gripping the man after drinking so much so fast. He replied, his words a little slurred, "y-yes."

     "Good." William dropped the man and returned into his car. He popped his trunk and grabbed a bag of clothes, and started changing into them in the middle of the street. The only witness being the crippled man laying on the ground.

• • •

     Jamie tapped his fingers on the center console, listening to the hum of the engine. Jason was driving him, Amanda, and Kat to school. Kat was the only one awake enough to make conversation, and she was currently trying to study for World History with Amanda. Amanda merely responded with grunts and mumbles.

     When they arrived at the school, the two boys split from the group and headed to their first period: Algebra. As Jamie took his seat, he leaned towards Jason's desk.  "I think Afton has killed someone before."

     "Huh?"

     Jamie grumbled in frustration and glanced around before repeating himself louder. "Afton, I think he's killed before."

     "Sorry bro, you gotta talk a little louder, I think I'm still high right now."

     "Jesus Jason, I think Afton killed another kid!" Jamie shouted, immediately regretting announcing that to the entire room.

     A couple kids paused their conversations to look at Jamie, but luckily everyone was too tired to care. Jason smirked and said with a chuckle, "I dunno, I feel like that was still pretty quiet."