7. #1 Dad

A/N: art is mine ^^
✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

     Jason tried to subdue his laughter as he raised his hand.

     William answered in a frustrated tone, "Yes?"

     "You, uh, got something on your shirt."

     William looked down at his shirt. The entire thing was stained brown and reeked of soda.

     "Thank you Jason, I hadn't noticed," he said unenthusiastically.

     Jason chuckled and nudged Jamie, who also began laughing. It wasn't revenge, but it would suffice for now.

     William cleared his throat and approached the chalk board to begin the lesson. He paused, searching for a piece of chalk. A cynical grin was growing on Jamie's face.

     "Anyone see where the chalk went?" William asked. He turned around and met 20 blank expressions. Most of them weren't paying attention or were asleep, and the rest didn't care enough to help.

     William looked around a little more before heading to his desk. He pulled on one of the drawers, but was surprised to find that it did not budge. William yanked again. Nothing. He started pulling on various drawers on the desk, becoming visibly more and more frustrated.

     "Come on! Just open already, damnit!" William shouted, kicking the desk in anger. The picture frames on the desk fell to the ground and shattered. There was a loud thump and the drawer popped open. William adjusted his glasses and looked inside. The entire drawer was filled with chalk that was broken up into tiny pieces.

     William took a deep breath before whipping around and slamming his hands on Jason's desk. Their faces were inches apart. The man furrowed his eyebrows and talked loudly and clearly for the rest of the room to hear, "Who did it?"

     There was silence and some kids looked around at each other. Jason and Jamie exchanged a worried look.

     William stood up straight again, slowly walking up and down each aisle. He paused next to a student who was napping. He slammed a thick textbook on the student's desk, right next to his ear. The student jumped up in his seat and began stuttering a "wh-what the hell?"

     "I'm talking to you!"

     The student looked at him in bewilderment. "...repeat the question?" he said hesitantly.

     "Useless...can anyone, ANYONE, tell me who did this? No one?" Will now approached Jamie's desk. "If someone doesn't start talking, you're all writing an essay tonight."

     The entire class groaned.

     "But sir, this is algebra class? We don't write essays for math."

     "Well, now you do." William went to his desk and began writing something on a piece of paper. "Nancy, go take this down to the main office and make 20 copies. If they ask, just tell them I sent you." Nancy got up and followed his directions, giving him a nervous glance before taking the paper from his hand and leaving. The whole class was still unsettled from his outburst.

     After Nancy returned with the photocopies, William tried once again to conduct his lesson. He struggled with the little stubs of chalk for a half an hour, grunting every time they slipped from his hand and made him scrape his knuckles on the board. After going through about 15 sticks of chalk, he suddenly turned and chucked the one he was holding at the wall. The chalk whizzed right above a student's head. William faced the board and pinched the bridge of his nose.