Chapter 3

Days passed as you are trying your best to keep the sparks going on between the two of you. You've been hanging with Brahman every weekend and you saw how he acts around Senju. The caring side of him that you thought only you know, apparently he showed it to other people and not only to you. You know it's childish and immature, getting jealous by someone that is way younger compared to you yet you couldn't help but hate the sight in front of you. You just sit there watching them as you bite your lip, trying to control your emotions. "It will bleed if you keep that up.." you heard a familiar voice as you looked up to see Benkei sat beside you. "Here" he pressed the small milk carton to your cheek. You could feel how warm that milk is as you somehow chuckled and grabbed it "Thanks, Benkei..". You blinked as you looked up at him with a bright smile "You sure?! This is my favorite strawberry milk~ I won't give it back". "Take it. I already drank one. It's too sweet" hearing that, it didn't take you even another second as you started to drink it. Little did you know, he knows it is your favourite and it is not just a mere coincidence he have it. "Say Benkei... Are they always close like that?" your eyes fixed watching Wakasa, Senju and Takeomi. Benkei glances at them before back stares at you "Yea.. It's been like that since a long time ago". Could you see how your expression back all gloomy "I see.. Guess.. She is really his one and only princess huh.. How lucky.. I wish I'm her", you mumbled to yourself as your eyes kept staring at Senju full of envy. "You are fine the way you are, y/n..." Hearing Benkei saying that, you just gave him a small weak smile "....It's not when I'm not good enough to stand beside him..like her". While you look down to yourself, little did you know Benkei seems to have a different thought that he keeps to himself. A yearning gaze and a soft gaze 'You are way better tho.. Idiot...'. He knows he can't make any other moves towards you as he knows, your heart and eyes would just always be for that guy, Wakasa Imaushi.

-Wakasa POV-

At first he did have fun talking with both Senju and Takeomi, but then his eyes saw how she brightly smiled at Benkei. 'What the..hell...' he knew he shouldn't feel upset, but the way she smiled and the way she chuckled because of another guy, it pissed him off. Lately, she has been always gloomy or looked rather sad. He also often saw how puffy her eyes were. He rarely saw her smile like that around him. Bright and happy. Ah he hates that sight when she is being closed with another guy even though it's only Benkei. "Sa...Wakasa.. HEY! WAKASA!!!" He was startled a little when Takeomi called out to him "Hm? What?". Takeomi sighing as he looked at him "What's with you.. Are you coming too tonight? Some of us are gonna go drinking later. We also need to talk about what to do with South and Mikey". "Ah yea sure" he mumbled as he glanced towards her. Somehow he had an unsettling feelings saw her and Benkei talking like that, yet he tried to just shake it off '...what am I thinking..'.

-End of Waksa's POV-

You sob as you sit there behind that wall. Again the only one beside you was Benkei. He was actually already there before you came. Resting by himself. You didn't know why but the time you saw him, your tears ended up streaming down and you started to sob. So there he is sitting beside you awkwardly while you are sobbing. He asked what happened as you started to tell him what just happened. More specifically what you accidentally heard again "H-he said..he likes a girl with short hair...a strong girl that could at least go toe to toe with him in a fight..". Benkei sighed hearing that "I think he is only joking.. You know he loves you, y/n". You bitterly laugh at that "Is he? You know.. Since the beginning of our relationship.. He never said he loves me even once..Leave alone saying that.. I didn't even know if he likes me back". Now that piques his interest "That's absurd. How do you two end up as a couple then?". "It was a gokon.. Then we end up getting close. So.. I confessed to him. He said alright, sure, why not. " you chuckled weakly "It...always been one sided since beginning...". Remembering everything, now you remember why you've always felt insecure when you are with him. Hearing that, greed took over him "I see.. So that's what's going on.. You know, sometimes letting go is the best choice. When it gets too painful, it is better to let go. Don't you think?".

The way things are going on, you two finally start to have a fall out. You keep getting suspicious of him, especially with him sneaking out at night. At first you kept turning the blind eyes and tried to just let it slide. Yet you finally hit your limits after bottling everything. You two end up in a huge fight. "What's with you lately?!" you could hear the frustration in his voice as you scoffed at him "Me?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!! Do you really think I didn't know you keep sneaking out in the middle of the night?! Until when you want to pretend, wakasa?! I'm not that stupid!". "I told you I was needed to-" he could see as you shook your head and walked away from him, heading to the bedroom you two share as he followed you behind "Stop walking away from me, y/n!! Why are you being so damn childish?! What is it you want from me huh?! Aren't I giving you enough attention?!". You could feel your heart ache as you keep walking towards the wardrobe after grabbing your suitcase. His eyes widened as he saw that. He quickly grab your wrist "Are you fucking kidding?! What the hell do you think you are doing?!". You could feel how he force turned your body to facing him. Tears streaming down your cheeks as you glare at him "I had enough, wakasa.. I can't stand this anymore!". You could see how shocked he is hearing that. He could see how broken you are. Gritted his teeth in frustration, he punched the wardrobe door behind you, made you flinch "Why? Is it another guy? Is that why you want to end things with me?!". Your eyes widened when you heard his words "You think I would stoop that low? You think I'm that kind of woman? You see.. I'm not the one who sneaks around at night. Ha.. Unbelievable... Seems you can't trust me as much as you trust your dear princess". "What- Why on earth did you bring her up? What does she have to do with us?!" saw how he all worked up like that, you scoffed at him as you pulled your hand away from him "..Stop playing dumb, wakasa". Pushed his hand away from the wardrobe, you opened it as you started shoving some of your clothes. Again he grabs your hand "Stop this!! What the hell is wrong with you?!". "ENOUGH!! WHAT'S SO FUN PLAYING WITH SOMEONE HEART AND FEELINGS?! AREN'T YOU HAD ENOUGH FUN WITH ME?!" You pulled your hand away as you pushed him away from you. "You-" just when he was about to say something, his phone rang. You were standing there with a bitter smile when you saw the caller id "Go on.. Pick it up like how you always do". Gritted his teeth, he rejected the call. Again the phone rang and again he rejected it. Yet the third time it rang, you saw he picked it up and walked out of the room. You closed your eyes as you took a deep breath, before back opened them and chuckled to yourself "...of course..". Closing your suitcase, you dragged your suitcase with you. The time you leave the room, there is no sign of him at all. You sighed as you could feel your heart breaking. At that moment you know, never you would be his priority. You now know the princess would always stand above everything. That night, you know where his heart really belongs and that night, you took your leave with your shattered heart. Leaving everything behind, it's hard yet you made up your mind. The words Benkei said that day, that was the last push for you to take your decision.