Chapter 5

-Wakasa's POV-

"N-no.." he mumbled in his sleep before he started to scream "Y/N!!". Again the same nightmare. He could feel his body shaking as he woke up from his sleep. His face turned pale as he drenched from cold sweats. He looked at his hand as he gritted his teeth. Hugging himself, he tried to calm himself. What happened to her still clearly haunts him even after years has passed since that incident. He sobs as he buried his face between his knees "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...y/n....". Since losing her, his world has crumbled. He barely could catch any sleep, he hates the night. Every time the night came, he could feel like he was about to lose his mind. The guilt and regrets keep eating him up. He should've held her tighter. He should've loved her more. Giving her more attention while she was still around. Putting her as his top priority. People indeed tend to realise something precious just after they lose it. Never in his wildest dream did he think she would ever leave him. He took everything for granted. The way she always showered him with her love, the way she softly called his name, her warmth, her giggles, everything about her, he misses them all "...please...come back". Again he just lay there staring at the ceiling until morning came. "Y/n...." he mumbled as he closed his eyes. He could feel his chest tightened and how his heart ached. Hearing his phone ringing, he grabbed it as he answered the call with a weak voice "Yeah?.....sure..".

His friends have tried their best to cheer him up. Helping him the best they could to help fix this man up, yet he is too broken to be fixed. "Come on, Wakasa. It's disneyland!! Cheer up!!" Senjus sighed as she saw how her friend looked like a soulless body. "I..will go wash my face " he mumbled before walking away from them. "It's been a years yet he is still like that..." Benkei sighed as Senju looked at him worried while munching the cotton candy she bought. "I would feel like shit too if I'm losing my girlfriend like that..." Takeomi sighed as he watched Wakasa walk like a lost soul.

He could feel his head throbbing as he washed his face and looked at himself in the mirror. There are dark circles and it could be seen how pale his face is. He looks exhausted. Walking out from the public bathroom, everything in this place annoyed him. He saw some Disney princess pass by as he frowned. He hates it here 'What a stupid place...'. He sighed as his eyes looked around to find his friend. Again they dragged him here and there. "Let's try another ride!!" Senju chirped as again she dragged everyone with her. "Wakasa, what's wrong?" Benkei saw how Wakasa suddenly froze as his eyes widened. It didn't take long until they all saw him run like his life depends on it. "W-what- Oi!! What the... what's wrong with him?" Senju blinked as she clearly confused with the sudden changes of him. Just in a minute, they couldn't even spot him anymore.

He could feel his heart racing as he tried to pass those crowds of people "Move!!". He kept pushing anyone in front of him as he tried to catch that person. It took time but finally he could catch up with what he had been chasing. His hand grabbed the hand, startled her. "Kyyakk!?!" the time he saw her turning around, his eyes widened in shock. The same shocked looks could be seen on her face also "W-wakasa? What...are you doing...here....". He could feel his heart ache as he saw her "Y/n... I-". Seeing her again after so long, he could feel the longing feelings inside of him. "Mama..?" heard another voice, it snapped him back to reality as he saw a little girl hold her other hand "Y-you..Y/n..what is going-". He bit his lip as he looked at her with confused and shocked expression. "W-wait, Ruri-chan. This.. is.. Um.. Wakasa-" he could see how she uncomfortably pulled her hand away from him as she seems flustered. "Ah papa!!" heard the child chirped then ran towards another familiar figure. "Wakasa-san...?" he scoped up the child as he walked closer to them. "Huh? Inui-kun..You two know each other?" Clearly she is surprised when heard Inupi say his name. He could feel his heart sinking. His eyes saw how they even have a matching jacket as he clenched his fist "I see.. Congrats you two.. I'm glad you found someone, y/n. Sorry for.. Bothering you. It's nice to see you again...". She could see him bitterly smiling, "Wait, wakasa-". "Let's hang out sometimes.. You better take care of y/n, Inui" he glance at the confused Inupi yet he just nodded his head. "Ah, I have to go. Senju and the others are waiting", he could see how she averted her gaze from him. Again that melancholic smile "..I see..Say hi to Senju and everyone. Inui-kun..Let's go". "Y-yes.. Bye..Wakasa-san.." he could see how she took Inupi's hand. That sight sure broke his heart more as he mumbled "Be happy...y/n..".

Dragging himself back to his friends, he just buried his face on Benkei's back "Whoa?! What the-". It didn't take long as he started to sob. "What the hell is wrong with you, man?!" Benkei looked over his shoulder. "Wakasa, what happened?" Takeomi tried to peel him away from Benkei, yet he tightly gripped onto his friend's shirt "I saw y/n..*sobs* she had a child with Inui.. My queen..He took away my queen". "SHE IS WHAT?!"

-End of Wakasa's POV-

"Sensei.. Who was that man before? He looks scary?" the child asked as she leaned and rested her head on Inupi's shoulder. "He was sensei's friend. Ruri-chan, why did you call me Mama and Inui-kun as papa just now?" you saw the child huffed as she looked at you "Because I want sensei become my mama and Nupi be my papa..". You weakly smiled "Don't say that, Ruri-chan.. Your papa will be sad if he heard that.". "Hmph!! Papa is meanie! He is too busy to come today!" you could see she pouted as you just chuckled. "Inui-kun.. Thank you.. For coming today. Without your help, we wouldn't be able to handle everyone.." you gave him a small smile as you could see him glance at you "I got nothing much to do anyway.". It didn't long until the both of you were back with your group, the school picnic of the kindergarten. It's really easy to spot them as the other teachers are earing the same jackets as you and Inupi. You saw how Inupi put the child down as she ran back running to her friends. "Say y/n-san.. Are you and Wakasa-san-" he could see you bitterly smiled "Yes.. We are.. In the past..". He falls silent before looking back at you "Wanna talk about it later?".

Once the school picnic ended, you and Inupi decided to have dinner together. After eating your dinner, you sit there with him. Listening to how Inupi knew about Wakasa and how he looked up to him. Exchanging stories, you told him what happened "..I fall. At first I thought I'm going to die but apparently my body hit one of the tree branches. My shoulder hit the branch. Thanks to that, it ruined the momentum of my fall, but because the broken branch was broken too.. It falls first to the ground and the pointy side.. It pierced my broken shoulder.. Even though my head did hit the ground. But thanks to the branch that pierced through my shoulder, it slowing my fall some more.. I guess I'm kinda lucky that my head didn't hit the ground that hard or else.. I could've really died. ". You could see how shocked and surprised he was when hearing that. "..It's also pure luck that I made it to the hospital. After that incident, my parents moved me to another city while I was...in Coma.. Since then, I never saw him anymore... It took time to heal but I.. actually couldn't lift my right arm that much anymore.." you bitterly chuckled, but then you could feel Inupi's hand took hold of yours and gave it a gentle squeeze "Y/n-san.. I know this is sudden but.. Marry me.. Please". Your eyes widened as your cheeks blushed "W-what are you saying, Inui-kun? T-this joke isn't funny.. I'm too old for you". You could see how serious he is as he stares right into your eyes "I'm not joking and I don't care. I know I'm way younger than you and I know I didn't earn that much yet but y/n-san... I'm serious here. Actually, since the first time you worked at that school.. Every morning I saw you from the workshop.. I fell for you, y/n-san. You have no idea how thrilled I'm when the teacher asked for my help to fix the heater in your classroom.. If it's money, I could work two jobs and earn for us. I will make sure to take care of you... So, marry me..".