Chapter 14

-Wakasa's POV-

He gulped as he could feel his heart racing. He could feel the cold sweat streaming down his neck as his palms felt cold. "Calm down.. Take a deep breath", he could see her father glance at him. The man beside him, he couldn't help but adore him. Could see why everyone is following him. The vibe he is giving is clearly one of wise leaders. Strong and dependable. His face looks calm yet stern and collected. Taking a deep breath, he still remembers what happened a few days ago.

[Flashback]

"I said leave..". Hearing that stern demanding voice, even Wakasa flinched a little. He saw how y/n and her mother started leaving the room. The time that door closed, he could feel him stare at him. The air somehow feels heavier and tense. It even made him hard to breathe due to the pressure, "Sit, Imaushi.. There are few things I wanted to know". Obediently sat in front of him. He could feel how her father looked at him up and down, studying him. Minutes passed as he finally decided to talk, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right at this moment with my own two hands?". Heard that, he turned pale. His voice sure sounds calm, yet he could feel the malice. Looking back at him, he tried to stay as calm as he could, "I don't think killing me would be a wise choice. I wouldn't say I'm innocent, but I'm neither one who has made a mistake that is worth my life to be taken by you, sir..". "Is that so.. Then tell me why should I agree to give my daughter to you? After all what you've done to her.", clenched his fists, wakasa straightened his posture, "I understand how I'm losing your trust, sir. However, I do love your daughter. Like we have agreed before, I managed to gather the money by myself. Enough to wed her and to own a proper place for her. What happened to her that led her to a hospital-". "That is enough. I've heard that part already. You haven't fully answered my question, Imaushi.. Why should I agree to give my daughter to you?"He looked at him a bit confused. Wondered what the actual meaning behind his question was. Racking his brain, it took him long until he finally found the answer, "Because I could make her happy. I love her and she loves me. We've been through thick and thin. She loves me and accepts me for who I'm.. I love her for who she is and accept her for who she is. I will do whatever it takes to make her happy...". "Is that so.. Since her happiness is your priority.. What if the best for her was with that other guy and not you? You are barely making enough. Brahman is it.. That gang of yours with a child as a leader.. It won't last long. What could you give her other than love?", he could see how Wakasa's expression changed from confident to uncertain. He sighed as he saw how troubled the young man in front of him was, "You are even uncertain with yourself.. How can I trust her to-". "I will protect her! This time for sure.. If it's money, I will even work until I can't move if that's what it takes for her. Her happiness, I will be the only one who will give it to her. I know I'm lacking in many ways, but I know one thing for sure, forcing her to marry that man. That's not the best choice for her.", her father raised one of his eyebrows as he listened to wakasa. "Sir... For her.. I'll do anything. I won't give up.. As long as she is herself the one who is not saying she wants to marry another man.. I won't let her go, no matter what. I've let her go once and I regret it until this day. But now I have her back.. I will not let her go no matter what circumstances it is..". "Oh~ What can you do anyway? What power do you have? You and your little gang? I could easily eliminate you", he smirked at him as wakasa could feel himself shivering when heard that, "My gang has nothing to do with this.. This is my own battle and I will fight this all by myself". The brief silence sure felt like killing him. He then heard the older man chuckled, "How interesting.. I see why she is so determined to marry you. You see.. I hate all police equally.. How about I help you out by taking this wedding down?". His eyes widened as he sat there dumbfounded. He looked at him in disbelief as he could see how her father's expression softened as he smirked, "If power and authority are things you are lacking.. Imaushi, be one of my right hands.. You can keep your little gang.. How's that sound?".

[End of the flashback]

He sighed as he couldn't help remembering how shocked he was when her father took him under his wings. Never in his wildest dream would her father agree to help him ruin the wedding and help him to get her back, "But don't you think madam will be upset when she knows about this, sir?". He could hear the heavy sighed from him, "Of course she is, but my other son is there. He said he had a plan on how to get his sister out of that place. Remember, the whole family will be there. Make sure you behave properly and talk it out with that Jiji.. If you could convince him, no one could oppose you. My own power alone won't be enough. You see.. Her mother is.. Well.. she is.. No one other than Jiji and baba could go against her. Convince Jiji, then baba will be easier to convince to take our side". Nodded his head, never he imagined he would meet her whole family in this kind of circumstances.