⁰¹. ᴰᵃʳᵏⁿᵉˢˢ ˢᵉᵉᵖˢ ᵀʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘚𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩

OLIVIA HADN'T EXPECTED TO WAKE UP FROM A PHONE CALL FROM ARCHIE ANDREWS, CRYING INTO THE PHONE. His words had become incoherent to her, but she'd been able to make out only a few words that caused shivers to run down her spine. My dad was shot. It felt like her personal bad luck was rubbing off on the ones around her. First, it was Jason, then it was Chris who had put himself in a situation that Olivia was sure was irreversible. It wasn't like she cared about him anymore, he could be buried alive and she would let him suffocate to death for all she cared.

But the next person to be caught in the net of bad luck had been Fred Andrews. The man with a heart of gold and deserved far more than he already had. So, when hearing that he had been shot, Olivia shot up from her spot on Jughead's couch.

Jughead's place hadn't been the first location she had in mind when Cheryl did the unthinkable and burnt down the mansion. Olivia just barely got out and did not have the energy or words to try and fight with her cousin. She tried Alice Cooper's, she got the cold shoulder and bitchy attitude from the old blonde. Then Archie's, but he was gone to wherever. Leaving Jughead Jones, the little brother to the murderer of Jason Blossom, her cousin. It was far more painful to see Betty Cooper there as well, both of them clearly in a heated session of sex that Olivia didn't like picturing in her head. But thankfully, Jughead allowed her to stay as long as she needed.

Only Fred being shot had only been the start of all the chaos. Soon resulting in old Miss Grundy meeting a grizzly end after by the man who went by the name of the Blackhood. Eruption between the Northside and Southside as the pair's frequent fights had started to pop up more and more. The Ghoulies were showing up with their own drugs and tying themselves in something surrounding the Blackhood. Business with Hiram was happening, something Olivia had no mind to pay attention to. But these things showed how far Riverdale had come.

Riverdale wasn't like it once was where kids could go around have fun, have parties, make a ruckus and live their lives. If anything, this town they once knew was just a figment of their imagination. Because between the cracks that were shown on the surface, the darkness had always been there and seeping through. Clawing its way to the surface to wreak havoc on the small, yet, a lively place they called home.

Just now, as of recently, those cracks had seemed to widen and allow more darkness to come through. Like some sort of portal. It had been getting at the people who least deserved it and something about it made Olivia feel responsible. And it weighed heavy on her shoulders as she walked down the steep slope of a ditch. Eyes trained on the very noticeable grass that had been ripped up by a sizable object. Dirt showed as it had spread across the snow with a large black charred spot where the tracks stopped.