⁰². ᴺᵉʷ ᴷⁱᵈ'ˢ ᴼⁿ ᵀʰᵉ ᴮˡᵒᶜᵏ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘒𝘪𝘥'𝘴 𝘖𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬

"REMIND ME WHY I DECIDED TO COME TO SCHOOL?" Veronica couldn't help but let out a quiet snicker. "Because you can't stand not being around me. I'm just the beaming light in your life."

"Woah, V," Olivia said. "Don't get too full of yourself. It doesn't look pretty on you."

That had earned a slap on the arm from the girl as Olivia laughed as they walked down the busy hallways. A few gazes lingered on them for a few more moments than needed. The looks were enough to tell Olivia what was going through their heads, and she couldn't be bothered to acknowledge them. Trying her best to focus on the fact that they would be getting new students; Southside kids.

Now, Olivia had no problem with this, unlike Cheryl and most of the other kids. She was thrilled to have some new faces around. A bit of change of pace was something she was seeking. Something that didn't involve Chris or Jason more specifically.

"Olivia, 'Ronnie," Archie called out to the pair. "Need help getting everything set up for the Southside kids?"

"That would be greatly appreciated, Archiekins," Veronica smiled. "If you would grab the table from the storage room would be nice."

The boy nodded, placing a delicate kiss on the girl's cheek before walking in the direction of the storage closet. A smile formed on Olivia's lips as she entered the lounge where many of the pamphlets for the new kids were.

"You two are great together," she commented. "It's been a while since I've seen him sound so eager about something. Much different from when he and I were together."

"I'm sure he was just as happy when he was with you," Veronica assured. "But kinda hard to fall completely for him when there's a piece of me that belongs to Chris."

A nod came from Olivia. "Understandable," she said. "I think he also understands that."

"I hope so because that's the facts," Veronica chuckles. "And he has to face those facts and deal with it the best he can."

Olivia smiled softly, wrapping an arm around Veronica's shoulders. The girl's head fell to her shoulder, and the duo rested there as they stood in the lounge in their bubble of silence. A not so rare occurrence for them. The two girls often comforted one another whenever they could in small loving touches and embraces. They were like sisters split apart at birth.