Chapter 6

I was blocking the Officer, and he had volunteered to take me there. Then, someone pinned my hand to my back, and I felt pressure around me. There the threat was. There were three gun barrels at my face. Or even more than three. There were possibly a lot more in the black coverage, and perhaps with snipers set up somewhere invisible. And my hands were pinned straight to my back, and the attacker had steel strong grip. I took advantage of my hand, which was tied behind my back, and managed to grip the hand with so much strength that I was able to judo flip him. He landed with a thud. It was a man after all.

'I wouldn't do that.' A cool voice said from behind me. Finally.

'Officer.' The others said.

The guns were stuffed back in their holsters, and suspecting glares were directed at me. The person who gripped me in the hand winced and complained that his butt hurt. And his hand bones were probably toast.

'Who's that? A criminal? A witness? A suspect? A person who needs protection detail?'

'A new member.'

'Does Hetty know?'

'She does.' Another voice rang out from behind me.

'Hetty. How many times did I tell you not to do that? You give us a heart attack every time.'

'Sorry. I'll try not to, Mr Deeks.' Deeks was the one who had grabbed my hand and got his finger bones crushed.

The speaker's name was Deeks, but unknown surname.

'Manners, guys.'

The people that had their guns trained on me immediately acted nice.

'New agent, huh. What did you do? Place? Rank?'

I mumbled that I was recruited by the director, and I didn't say anything else.

'Speak louder, sweetie.' The one who appeared like a ninja warrior said. She was short, like dwarf short. That's probably why I didn't notice her.

'She can't. That's her max.'

'Why? Oh...' The people seemed to understand.

'How can she be an agent?'

This time, I didn't need to talk. The officer helped me.

'She's a special girl, allow me to say. She's recruited directly from the director.'

'What did she do?' Someone on my left said.

'Sam, don't be jealous. Remember the criminal named Arbutus Black? The Plant Slasher? He was caught. By this little fella over here.'

'You're kidding!' All of them shouted in disbelief.

'No. I am not joking.'

'We've been hunting this guy down for the past ten years. how can a kid like you do that?'

'According to her, she had just knocked the dude down. Along with his accomplices. Without any training of any sorts.'

'You really are joking, John.'

'No I am not. She also did use just a few handfuls of grass and defeat her trainer.'

'Really? Seriously! Now I really do believe that. The name's Callen by the way. Nice to meet you.'

I didn't even bother to tap in morse.

I shook his hand, and the others just sorta followed him.

The one named Sam was a SEAL. The only female in the elite team that I knew of was a sniper, a girl of a navy marine. Her name was quite special in my opinion, but I just didn't know what was the meaning of that. She always had to remind me that she was Kensi. I got too tired, and remembered her name by heart. And the dude, Deeks. His first name wasn't Deeks. It was Martin. I thought that was his first name!

And the woman wasn't the only female in this complex structure. There were tons of women in the block, there were a lot more. There was a woman on a teen, by the name of Penelope. She was a techie.

Anyways, I got acquainted to the whole team quickly. I guess that they were nice to me. They've probably heard of my legacy and my encounter with the plant named criminal.

Honestly, I knew the Kensi girl throws a mean knife, and Eric the tech boy plays a mean dungeons and dragons.

Then the first shock came. my first case in my whole life.

I guess that Eric was the case announcer. He whistles and announces that there was a case. I never knew that anyone could be that hilarious. He was attempting to play the saxophone while saying that he had something on deck. The noise was definitely intolerable. Then the only female in the main field team, Kensi saved us from hell. She stuffed the tangerine that she was peeling for the last ten minutes into the opening of the saxophone. And Callen was complaining about the mess that she had made with the skin of the peeled tangerine on the desk of his. The saxophone was gliding at a blusy tune at an a flat when Kensi stuffed the naked tangerine into its mouth. Ouch. That must've hurt.

The techs and the wonder twins or the meerkats, briefed us. he said that a petty officer, first class had been found dead. And I was assigned to a small group, Deeks and Kens' group. They were a nice group, honestly. They quarrelled over the choice of radio music. And they constantly complained about each other, right in front of their own face.

We had the task of visiting the house of the officer, and there was a huge scent wafting out ot the door.

'Holy... Shit! What happened?'

'Maybe someone didn't clean up.' Kensi stated. Deeks was such a procrastinator.

I was the only one who didn't react to it. My senses numbed the smell.

'I'll go off in the right, and Kens, you go off to the left with the probie here.'

I couldn't protest. I followed Kensi to the left, and she attempted to talk to me.

'So... Are you too shy? Believe me, I do know. I was just the same as you are when I was younger.'

I got closer and whispered. 'Nope. I have a syndrome, and I can't even spell or read it out. It's complicated.'

'So you can talk.'

'Yes. Just slightly.'

'So whaddya think about this?' She motioned towards her surroundings.

'I think that it's probably nothing. It's just the stench, as you say.'

'As I say? Can't you smell any foul stenches or sorts?'

'No. My nose blocks out all those unpleasant smells. A nice skill.'

'I got something!' Deeks yelled from halfway across the house.

'What have you got?'

'Allow me to present... This.' He showed the both of us an opening.