Chapter Ten

I woke to the smell of fresh pastries and rose from my bed like a zombie. Following the delectable smell to the kitchen, I found Yami pulling a fresh batch of cinnamon rolls out of the oven. He looked silly wearing one of my frilly aprons over his goth attire. He turned, sensing my approach and cracked a smile.

"Your hair is a hot mess, Tar-Bear." He snickered.

"I smelled yummy things." I mumbled sleepily as I dropped into one of the chairs at the kitchen bar.

Yami set the tray of cinnamon rolls down before ruffling my hair with his oven mitt clad hands. It was delightfully warm and probably made my hair ten times more staticky. He withdrew and cracked up laughing. I was sure the majority of my hair was now standing on end.

"How's it feel to no longer be a cyborg?" Yami asked curiously.

I looked down at my arm, it was technically healed but it still felt a little stiff and sore and had some bruising. Definitely better than being shattered so I wasn't about to complain. "Much better."

Yami smiled.

After a delectable breakfast, I was able to take a shower with zero difficulty and get myself ready for school without Yami's help. As I was getting ready for school, I wondered if Yami would go back home now that I wasn't injured anymore. I didn't want to be a burden on my friend but I also didn't want him to leave, it was nice not being alone all the time.

As I was stepping into my shoes by the door getting ready to leave, Yami threw me a curious look sensing I was deep in thought, "what are you worrying about over there?"

"I'm not worrying." I replied with a squeak.

"You are." Yami said bluntly.

I frowned.

"So?" He poked me lightly in the side as we exited my apartment.

"I'm all healed now..." I began but cut off.

"Must be new territory for you with as accident prone as you are. I'm sure you'll find a way to get into a body cast by the end of the week, don't worry." He teased me.

"I will not!" I swatted at him and somehow managed to trip over absolutely nothing and nearly go flying down a flight of stairs.

Yami easily caught me and righted me. "You were saying?"

My face burned. "...are you going to leave?"

"Huh?" Yami stared at me blankly.

"I thought you moved in because of Blaine and then stayed to help me because I was injured..." I said softly.

"And Blaine is still a concern and evidence of you trying to nose dive down the stairs a second ago, you clearly need me to stick around, sorry Ghost Girl, you're stuck with me until you move in with your knight in shining armor, then you're his problem." Yami smirked.

My face flushed scarlet causing Yami to chuckle.

Once we got outside, I took a glance up at the sky and frowned. "Maybe we should turn back for an umbrella." I suggested.

Yami looked thoughtful for a moment before draping an arm across my shoulders. "I have a better idea." He whisked me off in the direction of UA.

After a few blocks, I smiled as I spotted Shinso walking ahead of us and grabbed hold of Yami's arm before racing off in his direction. Yami let out a groan of protest but followed along, presumably to keep me from tripping over nothing. Shinso turned as he heard us running toward him and seemed surprised to see us.

"Shinso! I'm so sorry we weren't there to cheer you on during the festival." I apologized once we got within reach. "We made a shirt and everything."

Shinso smiled, "it's alright. I heard you were off getting yourself hurt again." His smile turned to a frown.