Chapter Eight

Due to the fact I was currently a human cyborg, I wasn't allowed to compete in the Sports Festival, for which I was grateful. The whole thing seemed a bit too intense for me. The day before the Sports Festival, I thought about getting some signs or maybe a t-shirt made so I could cheer on my friends but became conflicted with who I should cheer for. I didn't want anyone to feel left out.

Yami stepped out of my bathroom wrapped in a black terry cloth robe, his long dyed hair was dripping wet and despite being freshly showered his thick black eyeliner was still in place though looking a little bit smudged and weepy. He took one look at me and chuckled softly, "what ya doing, Tar-Bear?"

"I have a dilemma." I groaned.

He snickered softly not taking my dilemma very seriously and dropped on the couch next to me to towel dry his hair, "let's hear it."

"I'm not allowed to compete in the festival tomorrow-."

"For the safety of you and others, really smart thinking on the faculty's part." Yami poked at me taking a jab at my accident proneness.

I frowned slightly at his teasing but continued on, "I wanted to cheer for you, Shinso and Tenya but what if you guys don't feel properly cheered on because I'm cheering for multiple people?" I whined.

Yami stared at me for a moment hands frozen on his head mid towel drying, "wow." He chuckled, "well perhaps I can make the equation a little less stressful, I'm not participating either."

"You're not?" I asked curiously.

"Nope, zero interest. Besides someone has to sit with you in the stadium, have you seen how many stairs there are, that's just asking for trouble." He poked at me with a smile.

"Y-Yami!" I swatted at him with my non cyborg arm.

He snickered and continued towel drying his hair. "Does that help?"

I thought for a moment. If Yami wasn't participating, I could still make signs for both Shinso and Tenya and Yami and I could cheer for them together and no one would feel left out. "It does!" I cheered, "I have to go run an errand."

Yami frowned, "no offense, Ghost Girl, but I'm not letting you go anywhere alone."

I sighed, "I'd be okay, I'm just going a few blocks. But it'll be easier if you're with me so I can get the right size t-shirt." I headed to my bedroom to get ready to go giving Yami some privacy to change in the living room. I was getting a little better about getting dressed and working around the massive cast on my arm. It was definitely not graceful by any means but I could manage without Yami's help finally.

After the 20 minutes it took for me to make myself mostly presentable, I stepped into the living room to find Yami patiently waiting near the sofa with my comfortable sneakers in hand. He was gothed out to the max today wearing black skinny jeans that had various chains and dangling bits with an upside-down cross charm dangling from one of the chains. He was wearing a tight black shirt with some sarcastic saying that was sure to make someone angry, a thick black studded choker and some black fingerless gloves. His dark makeup was flawless and his long dyed black hair was pulled back in a ponytail. I had no idea how he managed all of that in the time it took me to put on a pair of jeans, a tank top and a loose short sleeved button up top.

He helped me with my shoes. I had no idea what I would have done without him, probably just locked myself in my house until my cast was able to be removed and I could function normally. It would have been a disaster. Yami offered me an arm to help me up before whisking me out the door. We made it to the t-shirt printing store. Yami threw me a wary look as he started to piece together what we were doing.