Chapter Four

I woke in a hospital bed, my left arm was in a cast, but more alarming than the cast was the metal rods sticking out of it. My stomach churned unpleasantly, did that mean I had a reconstructive surgery on my arm? That made me nauseous, just thinking about it. As I started to regain more consciousness, the pain caught up. My back felt like it was on fire, like I'd slid down a slip and slide covered in jagged rocks. What the hell happened?

The hospital room was empty. My heart started pounding in my chest as panic settled in. Why was I alone? Where was everyone? What happened? Were the others okay? Was that teacher okay? As I was about to throw myself into a full-blown panic attack, the door to my hospital room swung open. Yami stepped into the room with a few police officers and the mouse, dog, bear, person, principal of UA.

"Oh no! We ARE getting arrested!" I panicked causing Yami to crack up laughing.

"Not quite, Ghost Girl, chillax before you start setting off alarms and making doctors panic." Yami dropped into the chair next to my bed before pressing a button on a machine attached to me. Why did he do that? A second later and I felt a slight numbing sensation take over my body. Pain meds.

"You're the best." I smiled as my body suddenly felt like it was floating.

"Alright, we probably have about five minutes until she's loopy, so ask quickly." Yami warned the adults.

"Wait, no! I want questions..." Was that even coherent?

"I may have over shot that estimate." Yami shook his head in silent laughter.

"Tenya?"

"Your boy scout in shining armor is fine. Not even a scratch." Yami smirked.

"Scarf face?"

"You trying to say Scarface? Overrated but an alright movie." Yami shrugged.

"No!" My brain was fuzzy, "Scarf teacher." Why were my words not working?!

"Ah, I think she means Mr. Aizawa." The principal of UA hopped onto the chair at my other side, "He's stable now and he also said you tried to help him."

"I think I did a better job flying away than helping." Hey my words were working again!

"From what he told me, had you not intervened, he'd be in a body bag." The principal noted.

"Hey Ghost Girl, no hero business!" Yami growled at me, "Playing hero gets you killed."

"I'm not dead." I attempted to argue.

"You shattered your arm! And your lucky your back isn't broken! You almost died!" Yami looked pissed.

"Sorry. I couldn't stand by and do nothing."

"Did you try? Maybe you just need to try again." Yami folded his arms across his chest. "It's simple, do nothing or run away, not hard."

"Yami!" I had no arms to swat at him with and settled on what I hoped was an intimidating 'mom' look.

"You look ridiculous."

"So, are we in trouble?" I looked to the police and the principal curiously.

"Well as I said yesterday, I can't just have two teens that managed to slip past our security undetected, twice now, be left alone. I've thought about it and I think I'd like to have you both transferred to UA's general studies class, since neither of you have an interest in the hero class, right?"