bubbles - 22

3rd Person POV:

The bags hit the floor with a light thumb, the weight of only clothes not being enough to shake the walls when hitting the ground. Sapnap's shoulders rose and fell in a synchronic pattern as they caught their breaths from the tall staircase. George and Dream stood with an okay-distance between them, nothing too close so they could make it seem like nothing serious was happening. This should be a casual confession of the two, everyone in this house believed this would happen sooner or later. Sapnap would most likely just make some ground rules about them being together, but the void of silence almost visually displayed the wheels in his head turning like a hologram between their bodies.

"Oh my god," Sapnap broke the silence with a huff of breath in annoyance, "the distance between you guys standing is making me uncomfortable." He crossed his arms as he shut the door with his back to block any noise from his mother. "Stand like the couple you actually are." He raised his eyebrows as an invitation for them to act 'normal,' and they took it.

Dream sat on the bed and pulled the brunette down with him, right by his side. Their thighs touched with electricity, shockwaves of dopamine floating inside their nervous system. Dream looked up at Sapnap with a casual face, "okay, Sapnap," he huffed with a heavy breath of slight defeat. "Say what you wanna say, don't make it weird." Dream made an accusatory face as Sapnap had a smirk rising on his face.

"Not yet," Sapnap stood more in front of them instead of leaned against the painted door, "how was your guys' date night."

George laughed. He had to laugh, because there was no way Sapnap knew about the photo just yet, and Dream probably forgot as well from driving and then having their best friend catch them close to eating each other's tongues in the doorway.

"Sap, when's the last time you checked twitter?" George spoke lowly, a plan was already set to control the situation, and Sapnap knows what Dream looks like. He would know that it's them even if they tried to lie on any speck of dust in this house. Plus, lying wasn't their thing. 

"Okay- well no. My mom is visiting, being on my phone would be rude." Sapnap explained but then his eyes widen in betrayal, "you guys didn't tell twitter before you told me, did you-" Dream could see Sap's heart beating out of his chest, very close to being able to hear his heartbeat.

"No, Sapnap." Dream cut him off before he could make anymore assumptions, yet it also wouldn't be hard to guess what happened. "A photo-"

Now it was Sap's turn to cut someone's words off, "A what." His voice thickly sliced through their hearts, it was molten and it melted through their chest.

"Let us finish," George spoke gently before Sapnap's head exploded. "Do you know, Wilbur Soot?"

Sapnap's face contorted into a deliberating expression, "I think so? I've never talked to him, but I think I can picture who you're talking about." He uncrossed his arms and folded his hands together before stuffing them into his sweatshirt pocket. "Why?"

So now was the explaining part. Kissing in the parking lot, someone snapping a photo secretly to post all over twitter. The description of the photo, and how Dream's face was luckily hidden, but with the hair matching his description, along with the height it was easy to draw conclusions. Possibly, his hands could be recognized even if the photo was too blurry to even marginally see the pores on their skin. They ended up just showing him the photo, too tired of explaining how real the photo is, and instead telling him the plan to fix it.

George had Wilbur's private twitter notifications on for whenever the tweeted the photo, George switched to his private on his phone and waited. Only about ten more minutes until the photoshopped damage control was released, Wilbur texted him to give him a heads up, and the minutes ticked down.