Chapter 2: A 'reunion' with Huggy

Huggy's tall, string-life figure towered before me, his broad smile prominent on his fluffy, blue face. His right arm was up in a sort of wave, and his doll eyes were looking out onto where I just came from. He really was the perfect mascot, and I can see why the company would make so many toys of him. I still remember going through the many Huggy Wuggy toy boxes to check for faults and rips, and so far that's the only good job I remember doing.

I finally look away from Huggy, and turn my attention towards the second blue scanner. Quickly placing my hand on it, I find that the power is out, and just as I contemplate breaking down the door to the Power room, I hear a 'Clink!' sound. Almost like the sound of keys jangling.

I look around the room in a rush, trying to find a key or anything else of importance, but nothing stands out. Until I accidentally look back up at Huggy.

Somehow, his hand now held a small, shining key. His body hadn't moved in the slightest however. My head started to ache as I grabbed the key, and as I unlocked the Power Room's door I tried to figure out what was going on. No one would have placed the key there, and it wouldn't have just materialised out of thin air.

But anyways, it's too early for any brain puzzles right about now. I need to focus on sorting out the power.

Another helpful feature of the grabpack was that it was able to connect to power outlets and to help with rewiring. So that's what I did. Once I had rewired everything, and the electricity was on again, I wandered back out to the main room.

Only to realise that Huggy himself had disappeared without a trace. The sun shined calmly through the glass dome above onto the empty stand, and the rest of the place fell quiet and still yet again.

I looked on in shock. Where in heaven's name did he go? And, more importantly, is he alive and watching my every move?

I made my way back to the blue scanner and opened the door. Cautiously wandering onwards, I started to daydream. I daydreamed whilst walking into the 'Staff only' room, and I only stopped daydreaming when I got to the end of the dark corridor. I was used to the creepiness of the place, and the fact that the staff only places were always dark, considering that the electricity team never fixed the lighting in those areas.

But I swear I saw something, behind the closed door. I reckon it was a thin, fluffy arm, but maybe it was just my imagination playing tricks on me. After all, the shock of Huggy's disappearance was still fresh in my mind...