one

"jungwon... what are you doing here, hmm?" heiryung asked as she sat down on the bench beside jungwon. she glanced up and then at him, when he didn't answer her. she stared at him for a long time but he showed no signs that he even acknowledged her presence. 

is he ignoring me? 

her gaze flittered to where the boy's was fixated. a girl sat down infront of a tree reading a book and her silky hair flowed along with the breeze. jungwon kept staring at her as if he was studying her. 

it was weird. and new. he never cared about any girls; in that way i mean. 

"jungwon-ah..." 

he heard her this time, it was clear. but he ignored her. on purpose, she was sure. her lips turned into a frown and she looked down at her lap. 

"hey, what's up guys?" sunoo said as he joined them on the bench. 

jungwon turned to smile at him which made heiryung really upset. she got up and started walking towards the school building. break was gonna end soon anyway...

but she stopped in her tracks as she overheard sunoo and jungwon's conversation. 

"yah, jungwon-ah... did you say something to her? why was she upset earlier?"

"nothing hyung... she just came to talk to me i guess. i just ignored her."

"why? jungwon-ah why? i thought you liked her..." 

liked... her...? 

"i did hyung. i'm over her now."

"oh my god! i thought you guys would date soon. such a bummer." she could easily visualise the shock written over sunoo's face. 

"i don't like her anymore hyung. let's not talk about it." 

heiryung teared up and started running towards her class as soon as she heard jungwon say that.