eleven

"jungwon talked to me! he legit talked to me! like he stared at me for a long time and offered me his hand, helped me get up and he said total two sentences can you believe that?" heiryung said while pressing both her palms on her temples.

"and you're not happy about it?" sunoo asked, raising one eyebrow while being busy with loudly slurping his milkshake.

"ah, i don't know, i'm having mixed feelings honestly."

"it's a good thing, isn't it? he is your best friend, he's talking to you again, you can talk it out and go back to normal. isn't that what you wanted?"

"but this is a war! i can't lose this easily. it lasted only a month and a few days... what's the use then?" heiryung whined.

"yah, are you being serious right now? what nonsense are you talking about?" sunoo spoke up in disbelief.

he looked at heiryung and immediately sensed that something was wrong.

"you're hiding something from me, aren't you?" sunoo may be easy to read but he was as good at reading others. "that's not the real reason."

heiryung sighed and faced him, bracing herself not only to tell him what she felt but also to accept it herself.

"jungwon... he's like my basic necessity in life. i have thought a lot about all this for the past few weeks and yes, it took a toll on me that he could abandon his best friend for someone else. you know how much of an overthinker i am and so, meanwhile i was trying to get over him or any thoughts of him... i think i tried too hard and from one point," her shoulders slumped in defeat. "i started to hate him."