(1) Warm Welcome

Fuck 

Thump, thump, thump. The car slowed to a stop. In the middle of nowhere in the pitch black. It was almost 2am, the hard rain beating on the windows of the car, the unwelcoming sound of the wind and thunder rumbling in the very distance. She didn’t know this area well at all, she had been visiting her family and she must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, the signs on the road were hard to read in the dark. The road she drove on - if you could call it a road - was littered in dead leaves, branches and all sorts of insects waiting to crawl up your arm and suck on your warm blood. 

Quinn signed, pulling her hood over her head and bracing herself for the wet and cold that greeted her. As she opened her car door, the handle flew out her hand, the wind too powerful for her, she hoped it wasn't damaged. She left her phone on the car seat, not wanting it to get wet, but leaving it there for quick access if she needed it. 

She bent down to get a look at the tyre, as she suspected, it was flat. She groaned and walked to the back of her car where she luckily had a spare. The boot flew open and she moved the bags and boxes out the way so she could grab the new tyre. She couldn't see what she was grabbing. Her hood was already soaked through, her hair getting damp, she wanted to be quick, she was already shivering and she had only been out a few minutes. 

She quickly jumped back to the driver seat to grab her phone, (and making sure the wind didn't pull the door open again.) crunch, crunch. Before she could comprehend the noises that came from behind her, a hand made its way across her mouth so it muffled her scream, the other hand grabbed her shoulder and yanked her around to face the person. A big toothy grin plastered on his face, the little amount of hair he had was soaked, as well as his yellow shirt. He gave her a wink, “hope you have a lovely drive here.” he giggled, bawling his hand into a fist and punching her right in the face. She was out. 

Dull pain in head, her nose still trickling blood as she started to wake. She could feel something hitting her over and over, her eyes shot open. Hoping it was just a bad dream and she was back home after a rough night. But no, she sat in a hard wooden chair, her wrists tied to the arms, three people staring at her. The first was a boy, a bit older than her. He was the reason she woke up, he had been throwing bits of food at her, that's if you could call it food. The whole table was covered in rotten meat - Probably human. It reeked, if she wasn't as scared as she was, she would have thrown up all over it. The boy stopped throwing the food at her when he noticed she was awake, he grinned at the sight. 

Next to the boy was presumably his father. This was the man she had met at her car. He was wearing the same soaking shirt, his lack of hair had dried and he was sipping on a beer. It was probably the most pleasing thing in the room. He hadn't noticed she was awake yet, too busy looking at the table and deciding what part of his last victim he was going to devour.

The mother sat quietly and cut her food, shoveling it in her mouth and moaned at the taste. She gasped as she noticed her visiter looking at her. “Rise and shine sleepy head!” she said after quickly swallowing a chunk of intestines. “It's time for supper. Eat up, it's good!” she told her, mentioning the plate in front of her that gave off the most horrendous smell. 

“Where am I?” she asked, looking around the room. She was in a dining room of sorts. The four of them all sat around a big table. The room however, was a mess. Hundreds of newspapers littered the corner, the windows boarded up and the kitchen was a disaster. The floor had layers of dirt and blood, cardboard and planks of woods thrown down too as a makeshift flooring, but it made it look messier. 

“Come on now, eat up.” The woman said again, a little more intimidating than last time. Quinn glanced at it again, thinking maybe she should just to please them, but just the thought made her stomach churn. 

“I-I’m not hungry just now.” she thought that was a better response than telling her it looked like shit, and there was no way it was going anywhere near her mouth. However not only did she take offense, her son did too. 

“Dumb bitch wouldn’t know good if it hit her!” he picked up a plate and launched it at her, luckily he missed - painting the wall behind her with black blood. The flies that circled the table had flown over to the new decoration. 

“Lucas!” the mother whined. The father grabbed his hand, pulling a knife from his pocket and stuck it right in his forearm. This completely shocked her, they were turning on themselves. If they were this crazy, what's stopping him from turning the knife onto her. She decided to keep quiet and hope for the best.

“Old man, not again!” Lucas shouted, more frustrated than in pain. She closed her eyes, trying to drown out the sound of the family shouting, blood spraying her face.  They were truly and utterly crazy. 

“That girls gotta eat! She gotta have her supper.” she heard the man's voice move. She opened her eyes and he was towering over her, knife still in hand. Lucas watching from afar. He grabbed a handful and put it up to her face, she pulled away. “Come on girl, let's do this.” he rammed it in her mouth, she went to chew but it was too much. She had to spit it out, it bounced onto the plate, leaving a splatter of rotten blood. 

“Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit- she's not eating it, Jack! She's not eating it!” the mother grew angry, banging her hands on the table and screaming at her husband. She stood up, irritated at the girl. Lucas laughed at the woman dancing around the table. 

Jack huffed. “Shut the hell up, Marguerite!” he raised his fits at her, which only made her worse. 

“I made that for her!”

“Get the hell outta here!” he kicked a chair at her. She took that as a sign to leave. She stomped to the door, cursing under her breath, mumbling as she slammed the door behind her. She turned to look at Jack again once Marguerite had left, he was right in her face again, his furious expression much more noticeable. “This was supposed to be a very special feast. Come here, girl” he grabbed her hair to pull her head back, his hand wrapped around the knife as it got closer and closer. She could feel the metal against her teeth, a little further then it would puncture her tongue. Buzz the doorbell sounded, Jack looked irritated. Lucas’ face dropped when he realised he wouldn't be watching the show, instead he stood up to go to the door. “Damn pigs, I bet it's that cop again.” Jack left right behind Lucas, she could see that Lucas walked over to the left but Jack was standing right by the door