(6) Clown

She turned to put the code in and the gate swung open. She was reluctant to go in as it was pitch black, but Lucas gestured for her to walk in “come on missy, i haven't got all day.” she walked in and Lucas closed the door behind her, locking her in. “have a nice time.” he smiled and walked away along the same corridor she came from.

Instantly she noticed a clown doll in front of her, which creeped her out. It held a lit candle in one hand, she took it and made her way through to the other rooms - even though she couldn't see anything. She walked through a doorway and a shower put out her candle, as well as getting her wet for the second time today. 

The lights turned on, in front of her was a cake, it said ‘happy fucking birthday, got a light?’

“Alright.” Lucas’ familiar voice echoed through the room. “Let's play a little game, shall we? All you gotta do is light the candle and put it on the cake.”

“Fuck you.”

“Language little lady. There are children in the building - I think - I don't know anymore.”

She started by looking around the room she was in. obviously there was the cake, the objective is to light it. There was a place to put some kind of valve which would stop the shower so the candle wouldn't go out. She walked back into the kitchen area of the set up, her hair getting even more wet. She saw the valve in the hole in the wall, the only way to get through to the room was to burn the rope, she needed to find a way to light the candle again. Maybe the stove. She turned the dial and it started, she lit the candle and went over to the rope, burning it and opening it into another room. 

This whole room was covered in different coloured balloons, some of them popped when they got too close to the candle, it made her jump the first few times. The door to the valve had a word combination on it, she didn't know the word just yet. 

She walked back out to find out what the whole clown thing was about, it had a winding device already in it, she just needed the finger and the pen. “Is this a good time to say I'm terrified of clowns?” Quinn said to Lucas, he let out a little laugh. 

“You're just scared of everything, aren't you, Little Lady? Well, if I knew sooner I would have taken him out just for you.” she could hear his grin in his voice, he had taken a liking to her. She turned the widening device and the clown started to move, it looked like it was writing something down, maybe the combination for the valve. 

To the left of the clown was a toilet, it was blocked. She tried to flush it but it made it worse, however something started bobbing in the disgusting water. She rolled up her sleeve and used her two fingers to pick it out. She turned to the sink to wash her hands and the telescope she just acquired, but it seemed like the only water source was the shower. She rushed over to it, using the water to clean herself and the telescope. 

When it was clean, she put it up to her eye, looking through it. She saw nothing at first but when she panned around, she saw three pictures on the wall that she couldn't see before. The first was a hanging man, the second was a grave and the third was a baby. It wasn't for the valve as that was a word combination. It wasn't anything to do with the clown or the kitchen so she decided to have a look in the room with the cake. As soon as she walked in she noticed it, a box on the wall with the combination. 

When the box opened up, there was a voodoo doll made from straw. It was hard, so she thought there was something inside it. She tried to tear it apart, but it wouldn't work, then she brought it to the stove she used to light the candle. The doll instantly went up in flames and revealed the dummy finger. She put it on the clown, all she needed now was the pen. “Woah, you are quick.” Lucas said. 

“I got good practice from your mother.” 

“Zing! Quick witted as well.”

After looking around the rooms, she was now soaked after walking through the shower so many times, she found herself back in the room with the balloons - popping them in case there was any inside them. Then she came across one that looked a little off, it clearly had something in it. She tried to break it with her hands, but she couldn't. She took it outside and tried it on the stove, but still nothing. Just next to the stove was a broken pipe that was blowing gas, she put the balloon over it and it started growing. It was oddly shaped but before she noticed anything was wrong, it exploded. 

Pain. she looked at her hand, a massive dirty nail sticking out, blooding dripping off her fingers as she pulled it out. She looked down, a blue ink pen stuck into her abdomen, this one was so much worse to take out, she almost asked Lucas to help her, she almost passed out from the pain, but she finally managed to get it. She hobbled over to the clown and put the pen in his hand and started to wind it. But instead of the clown writing it on the paper, it grabbed her wrist and started writing on her, the pen so deep in her arm, she couldn't stop screaming - she couldn't tell what pain was worse. 

Loser

The clown let go of her arm, it was painted red. “Sorry, shoulda warned you about that one!” She slowly made her way to the combination lock, kicking the balloons out her way. Click the padlock came off and the door opened. She grabbed the valve and took it to the pipe it connected to and turned it, the shower was now turned off. She went to the stove and lit the candle, the lights went off again. 

“Happy happy birthday, happy happy birthday.” a creepy song sang, she placed the candle on the cake. 

“Ahem, might want to stand back a bit.” she did as she was told, but it wasn't good enough. The cake exploded and she burnt her hand a bit, but it wasn't too bad, not nearly as bad as her other injuries. The lights turned back on and a secret door opened at the back of the room. “Well, I made a promise. Come on through.”