(2) Clock

All she could hear was mumbling, Marguerite and Jack quietly talked before he went away. Marguerite came back in, a smile spread across her face - it seemed scarier than when she was angry. “Come on now, let's get you some rest and you can eat later.” she unbuckled the restraints, her face right in hers while she did it. 

Her wrists were bright red, she rubbed them as Marguerite guided her out the room. She looked left before walking down the hallway - Lucas stood, leaning against the barricaded window, he winked at her before she turned the corner and walked down an even longer hallway. This part of the house looked cleaner, there were paintings hanging up and family photos sitting on the table, one of which had been scratched out. That confused her, but there was no time to think about that. 

Marguerite opened the double doors in front of them, it opened up to a great main hall. A double staircase leading upstairs, a large statue holding a shotgun and that's when she noticed the front door. She kept looking at it, slowing down a bit, trying to think if she should try and make a run for it. Marguerite looked back to see why she had stopped walking behind her. “Don't even think about it, missy.” her voice was threatening. She followed her again.

Marguerite led her up the stairs and into the master bedroom. She ordered her to get into the bed and put a cuff over her sore wrist once again, however she noticed she had forgotten to lock it. “I'll be back soon with some food.” she gave a smile before closing the door behind her, she could hear her footsteps going back down the stairs. She had a few minutes to herself. The room was fairly big, but it was very dark. A painting hung on the wall just opposite her and another painting to her right. 

There was another room just next to her, a hole showed that there was a key. She needed to find a way inside. She pulled the cuff off her wrist when she realised she was safe - she could hear marguerite's footsteps when she knew she was coming back. She picked up the lantern from its hook so she could see. Instantly she went for the bedroom door, and of course it was locked. She tried the other door and there was a padlock with a picture combination, she tried a few random variations but she realised there could be a hundred different ways, she tried to think of something else. 

She opened the first drawer in the dresser. 

The same time as the other clocks 

What does that mean? She opened the other drawer, it took a little harder to pull than the other, but it was empty. She went to push the drawers back in so that marguerite doesn't notice but it wouldn't budge. Shit.  She closed the other drawer no problem. Maybe she won't notice. She thought about the clock riddle. 

A quick glance around the room and a grandfather clock stood tall, but it was locked. Odd, who locks a clock? A smaller clock sat on the bedside table, but as soon as she touched it, the minute hand fell off. A small inspection, she noticed it was a lockpick. A smile instantly made its way to her face as she rushed to the bedroom door again, but it wouldnt fit in the lock. The only other thing she could think of was the clock. 

The picklock slid into the hole with ease, she turned it and click, it swung open. It had a frightening picture inside. She went to pull it out but the pendulum started to swing ding dong ding dong. She shut the door as quickly as she could. “What was that!” Marguerite screamed from the other room, her angry footsteps stomping up to her. She ran back to the side of the bed, placing the lantern on it’s hook and climbing back in and waiting for Marguerite.  When she entered the room she pretended she was confused why she was so angry, it seemed as though it worked.