Season 1 - Part 3

Note: I DO NOT own The Dragon Prince or Dragon Ball so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Callum had caught up to Ezran and Rayla as they ran through a hallway.

The half saiyan looked behind him to see the two dark, flaming wolves chasing after them.

Callum: Hey guys? Something's after us.

Rayla stopped herself and had her weapons ready.

Rayla: Keep running!

Callum and Ezran ran a bit before Ezran stopped himself.

Ezran: No! Not that way!

Callum: Why not?

He said before hitting a wall. He had his hands to his face as he groaned in pain.

Ezran: Because it's a dead end.

Callum: Ow!

Rayla stabbed and slashed at the wolves but she didn't make physical contact.

One of them bit Rayla's arm and other aiming to bite her too. She dodged out of the way and tried to attack again but she couldn't do anything.

Rayla: I can't stop them! My swords pass right through them!

She said as they inched closer to them.

Callum wanted to punch and kick them, but if swords couldn't do the trick then why would his attacks be any different?

He then puts Claudia's primal stone in his bag before recalling that wind spell Claudia did earlier.

Callum: Okay! I got an idea, but I'm not sure if I can do it!

Rayla: Is this a guessing game?! Just do it!

Callum quickly drew a symbol in the air.

Callum: Aspiro!

He yelled before exhaling as a gust of wind blew the wolves away.

Callum: Hey, I did it!

Ezran: High five!

He said as the two brothers high fived one another.

Rayla: You never mentioned you were a mage.

Callum: Huh? Oh no, not really. I'm just a fighter.

Ezran: You just did magic, Callum!

Rayla: Yeah, that's what a mage does. You're a mage.

Callum: Wow . . . huh . . . cool. I'm a mage. I'm a mage!

He yelled out to which Rayla put a finger to his lips.

Rayla: Nobody likes a loud mage.

Callum: Sorry . . . I'm a mage.

He whispered that last part.

A few minutes later, Ezran is holding the egg as Bait sits on it, glowing so they can see where they're going.

Rayla: Listen, I need you to give me the egg. I have to get it to the roof, right away.

Ezran: What? Why?

Rayla: Just trust me.

Callum: But we've only known each other for like . . .

He said, counting with his fingers.

Callum: Ten minutes, I guess. Plus you tried to kill me and my little brother so . . .

Rayla: Look, I'm sure you're too stupid to understand this, but I'm trying to help you. Any moment now, others will be arriving. Others like me.