Season 1 - Part 4

Note: I DO NOT own The Dragon Prince or Dragon Ball so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

We pick up where we left off on the very next day.

Callum was looking at the primal stone while drawing it in his art book.

Rayla: Callum? Callum. Hey! That's your name, right? Callum? Clem? Or was it Camel?

Callum chuckled.

Callum: It's Callum. Sorry for ignoring you, I guess I was distracted drawing this prima-ball.

Rayla: Primal Stone.

Callum: Right! It, uh . . . holds the pure essence of a primal spirit inside.

Rayla: Primal source?

Callum: Yeah!

Rayla: . . . You don't know anything about the six primal sources, do you?

Callum: . . . No, not really.

Rayla: Give it here.

She said as Callum puts down the primal stone and hands Rayla his drawing book.

Rayla: All magic in the world comes from the primal sources. They're the original and purest forms of magical energy. The sun, the moon, the stars, the earth, the ocean and . . .

She says, tapping the primal stone.

Callum: The Sky?

Rayla: Yes. To cast a spell, a mage needs primal energy. So that wind breath spell you did? You'd usually need a storm or at least a strong breeze. But with that stone, you have all the power of the sky, any time.

Callum: Wow.

Rayla: Primal stones are incredibly rare. They've been sought out by the most powerful arch-mages in history. And now, somehow you have one.

She said as she gave Callum his drawing book.

Callum: Wait, do I need to hold the primal stone in my hand to do magic or just have it nearby?

Rayla: Huh? Oh, in your hand. Why?

Callum then got excited as he gets up, leaving the primal stone with Rayla and takes ten steps forward.

Callum then draws a symbol in the air with his finger.

Callum: Aspiro!

He said, performing a wind spell much to Rayla's shock.

Callum: All right! I can use magic all on my own!

Rayla: 'How is that possible? I thought humans can't use magic. What in the world is he?'

She thinks to herself as Callum takes a look at the primal symbols Rayla drew and stares at them for a moment.

Callum: Wait. I think I've seen these before . . . at the Banther Lodge! There's a little cube there that has the same symbols on it.

Rayla: Uhh, okay?

Callum: I think it might be magic! I should go get it!

Rayla: Wait, what? We have real problems to worry about. You know, preventing a war, taking the dragon egg to Xadia. You remember that, right?

Callum: Well, Xadia's to the east right? So's the Banther Lodge! It's on the way there!

Rayla: Oh, well isn't that dandy? I'm sure it won't be crawling with humans. Humans who are looking for you and want to kill me! Yay!

She said that last part sarcastically.

Callum: Oh come on, Rayla! Don't be like that! It's the winter lodge, it's been empty for months.. No one's gonna be there, trust me.