a dumb idea

You found yourself scrolling through nostalgic videos yet again, old advertisements and such from when you were a kid, as you dug deeper into the playlist you would find something that would awaken a long forgotten memory, an ad for the "new" Playtime Co. Factory walkthrough experience, you smiled as you remembered how excited you would get every time this advertisement would come on, begging your parents to take you so that you could see the massive version of your favorite toy, Huggy Wuggy, which the factory had displayed proudly in the entryway of the tour, you never actually got to go yet still the advertisement had set itself so firmly in your mind that the factory was practically a part of your childhood, excitedly you would look up whether or not it was still open to the public but as luck would have it the place had long been abandoned, you felt your heart ache slightly as you wondered what would've become of such a happy place left to rot.

It didn't take much thought for you to decide you needed to see the factory regardless of it's current state while it was still standing, afterall it could be demolished any time and you wouldn't want to go your whole life having never seen it.

You made a plan quickly as you dug through a dusty box in the back of your closet in search of your long unused backpack, eventually dragging it out and beginning to empty it of old clothes and such, you would leave late at night, find a way into the factory and stay there until morning to give yourself a whole day to spend at the factory, and you'd leave the next night to hopefully not get caught entering or leaving.
your plotting paused for a moment as your fingers hit something rough yet soft in the bottom of the bag, you grabbed it and pulled it out, a rush of even more nostalgia and happy memories pouring over you as you looked at the matted old thing in your hand, a very well-loved huggy looked at you with dull, scuffed eyes, its fur was matted and rough, it's stuffing was squashed nearly out of existence, the Velcro on its hands was so worn that it wouldn't hold anymore, and its left arm was held on by a knotted piece of fur and a great deal of hope, regardless you squeezed the ragged thing tightly to your chest "long time no see old man" you spoke to the room before gingerly setting the toy down beside you and beginning to pack your bag.