Prologue - Timid Artist Meets Hostile Writer

This world was different from the others. Different in the sense that it was a bit too normal. It was exactly like his original world, with bits of colored hair here and there. It had been a year and a half since he got here. It sucked. He did work out once a week but there wasn't any danger in this world, so, B. Aura slowly but surely reduced to an edgy gay introvert.

Until Kise Yayoi showed up in his first year of middle school. He doesn't like middle school, it was filled with boys that had an addiction to submissive girls and girls that wanted hot men to kidnap them. Not that he didn't want a hot man to kidnap him but that topic aside, it was hell for this 1387-year-old. Being in a 13-year-old body with the mindset of someone who's lived for centuries on centuries, Aura was stuck in the pit known as puberty.

Unfortunately, being a teenager does not excuse you from skincare routines, and lucky for Aura he had many supplies for fixing whatever pops up on his face the next time he wakes up. Let's be real, he just likes playing with skincare and makeup supplies, the manchild.

It was going normally.

"Everyone, the seating chart is on the screen above, move to your seats accordingly, please." The teacher said, as his classmates took their bags and walked to their new seats. B. Aura was next to a bright yellow-haired girl, who seemed shy and nervous. A few classes in, and Aura realized she was, indeed, shy and nervous.

Anxiety radiated off his seat neighbor, and he decided to talk to her during recess.

The girl doodled often, sparking a memory of a figure with raven black hair, dark brown eyes that saw the good in everyone, and a blinding smile that vanquished the worst of evils.

Aura watched her draw silently until the girl noticed that he was staring.

"Wah! H-hey! Ah, d-don't look..." She stuttered, pulling the sketchbook close to her chest. The mint head blinked. Her drawings were good, but probably, due to her shy persona, she didn't want to show it.

"Sorry, but I saw most of them already. They're pretty great, did you go to a class or something?" Aura questioned. The blonde shook her head.

"I-its actually self-taught, I watched videos online and bought some books about anatomy, since I'm not really interested in drawing backgrounds, and stuff like that, s-so... Yeah..."  

"Impressive. What's your name?" Aura asked bluntly. The girl flushed with embarrassment but recovered rather quickly.

"It's Kise. Kise Yayoi." Yayoi said, and her partner hummed.

"Caverin Aura. Can I call you Yayoi? Or just Kise?" The clay blue-eyed boy continued, tilting his head.

"Ah, anything is fine, really, um, t-then I'll call you Aura!" Yayoi stammered, but Aura heard slight happiness in her voice. Perhaps she wasn't used to positive social interaction.

"Alright then."

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

 𝒜 𝐹𝑒𝓌 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒽𝓈 𝐿𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

"Aura, there's a contest going on!" Yayoi exclaimed, pointing at her screen. It was an online poster for a short comic contest. The theme was "Mysterious Lakeside", and it didn't matter how you carried it out, it needed a lakeside with a mysterious air around it. Aura blinked.

"Again? This is the second contest you wanted to join in these five months, are you seriously going to spend ALL of spring break drawing it?" The mint head yelled, exasperated. He rolled his eyes at his friend and stood up.

"You finish your holiday homework and your mid-year exam studies first and then we talk about joining. The deadline is two months later, so we don't have to worry. Now... For your tutoring to begin, hehehe..."

In the end, through the Auras' hard work and extreme tutoring, they finished everything they were tasked to do and ended up joining the contest, with Aura writing the story and Yayoi drawing the panels.

"We didn't get any of the runner-ups nor first prize, but we're in the Special category. It says here that the judges enjoyed our story of a secret superhero that lives near a lake and goes to the city to fight crime every day. The plot of the superhero receiving mysterious hydrokinesis powers was interesting, however, it was never known how it was done, so it's not in the main rankings." Aura said, pausing.

"THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT! IT WAS AN OPEN-ENDED STORY!"

"A-Aura, c-calm down-"

"AHHHHH!!!!"

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╮
ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

"Why are we having a transfer student this early in the year? Why didn't they just join us at the start?" Aura groaned. Yayoi shrugged, simply continuing on with her early-day doodling.

"Ya-yo-iiiiiii!" Aura complained, eyes flashing a deep pink color. The blonde sighed fondly at her friend's antics.

"Sit down, Aura, class' starting."  The mint head plopped down on his seat. Looking at the blackboard, he just... crossed his arms and went to take a nap. He's been getting more and more tired recently, strange.

Ah well. He'll sleep it off.