Chapter 2 - Cure Happy

Aura remained a relatively safe distance behind Hoshizora as she traversed the school, finally reaching the empty library.

"Ah, it's so strange seeing a library without people..." She said to herself, not knowing that the turquoise-haired boy was behind her. Reaching one of the shelves, she spotted a pink glow coming from in between of two books.

"Hmm? What's that?" She crouched down and shoved the books to the right, searching for what made the glow. Aura watched as she found nothing, searched for the glow again by pushing the books to the left, and finally, separated two books which had the glow. Stepping closer, he looked at the book that she had originally picked out from the pink light.

"ふしぎなとびら", which, in kanji, should be "不思議な扉". In English, "Mysterious Doorway". This was obviously a children's book, with the wording and hiragana. He snapped his head back the shelf, which had started glowing.

"Shit! Hoshizora, watch out!" He yelled as the light grew, making him squint his eyes as Hoshizora looked back, just in time for both of them to be engulfed by the glow and disappear from the library.

They dropped in a grassy place, or at least, that's what Aura felt. He looked around. It was a very, very bright place. Ow, his eyes.

"Ngh... That hurt!" Hoshizora grumbled next to him. He sighed and began looking for a way out.

"Oi, Hoshizora, do you know this place?" He asked, turning to her to see the dark pink-haired girl gazing in awe at the shelves full of books. The "shelves" were simply roots of trees, reaching up to a humongous variant.

He looked around for more, and didn't find anything until...

"CANDY?!" Oh, here we go. Aura rushed back towards Hoshizora, who began frantically pushing the books to find the so called "Candy". Hm... A pattern. To the right, to the left, then from the middle, pushing outwards. As the books started to glow once again, Aura determined that if he ever got stuck, he might be able to find his way out.

"A-again?" She stammered, and began screaming again. Oof, ouch, his ears. They traveled through the bright tunnel, with Aura remaining upright. Or was he the one spinning at a high speed? Judging by Hoshizora's flailing around, he was not.

After a short while they arrived at the bookstore he liked to go to most of the time. Hoshizora's foot was inches away from his face as she scrambled to regain balance. Aura grabbed her shoulder to stop the cluelessness radiating off of her.

"Hoshizora, can we go look for that thing you're looking for first, before you scare everyone on this street?" He said, gesturing an apology to the others that were starting to stare. Why were new people always this embarrassing?

"Oh, yes, thank you for reminding me! Wait, were you always here?" Hoshizora questioned. Aura was the definition of "done" by this point.

"I've been with you ever since you entered the library." He decided to say. It wasn't a lie, just not the exact truth. Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss, as A says.

I have been exposed? Ohoho?

Shut your overalls-wearing-ass up. He's doing something at the moment.

Nyoom~

See, Hoshizora ran off again. Luckily, Aura caught up with her quick, just enough to see a... Plushie falling from the sky, screaming as it went down, and into Hoshizora's hands.

A small, squeaky "Kuru?" was its response.

"Candy!" What.

"Hold on, this is Candy? This cream puff looking... Thing? What are you?" He asked, thoroughly confused.