Chapter 1 - Something's Up With The Transfer

"So, now I'll introduce the new transfer student," said the teacher, turning towards the pink haired girl. Aura stared hard at the obnoxious shade. Why did only six of the people here, including him, have unnaturally coloured hair? It's so frustrating. He focused back on the classroom, and was in time for Hoshizora-san... to stare awkwardly into the boards at the end of the classroom.

"We're waiting!" Another voice rang out from the back seats of the window row. It was, unsurprisingly, the hotheaded, figuratively and literally, Hino Akane.

"Introduce yourself!" She exclaimed. Hoshizora squealed and immediately started to ramble.

"Uh, I'm Hoshizora Miyuki, eh... I, um... Anyway, I'm p-please to meet you!" She bowed, and... Silence. Hoshizora looked absolutely stumped.

"Eh? Wah, it ended just like that? No way, where's the punchline?!" Here goes Hino. She walked to the front of the classroom, and Aura was ready to go back to sleep, stopped by Yayoi grabbing his shirt collar, and choker by accident. Ow. He made a quiet choking noise, and his friend immediately let go.

"Sorry..." She apologized in a whisper. The wobbly lips followed by the crybaby eyes made Aura pat her on the shoulder, assuring her nothing was wrong. Goodness, he needs her to stop using that face. Suddenly, everyone started laughing. Ah shit, what happened again?

Yayoi snapped back to Hino, who chuckled to herself. A pun of names, no doubt.

"Alright, next up is-"

"Akane!" First name basis? He didn't need to see who it was to determine the person. Midorikawa Nao, the MVP of the girl's football team. Aura was on the boy's football team last year, and they bumped heads quite often. Though both of them knew the other was simply teasing and withdrew from the conflict, if it was a conflict at all, quick.

"This isn't helping Hoshizora-san, is it?" To be honest, varies. This Hoshizora seemed to like making friends but was awkward at this moment. Perhaps relieving tension was good but Hino shouldn't do all the work for the new student.

"She's right. Besides, introductions should be done by oneself." This was also a person who didn't need Aura craning his neck to identify. The class president, oh-so-pretty Aoki Reika. Aura truly didn't know why so many people fawned over her. Maybe it was his attraction to men instead of women, despite this, his sister didn't go crazy in his mind over the sight of her.

She's just not my type, I told you. She's pretty, and yes, I know you think she's nothing special, just get over it, listen to what Akane is saying.

Unlike him, his sister refers to everyone by their first name, a habit that might have been passed down by the worlds she had been in as the host. Looking back at Hino, she had finished introducing herself and the two in the back. Being called out by the teacher, she hurried back to her seat, high-fiving those along the way.

Then Yayoi leaned forward, and muttered to Hoshizora that Hino was simply fooling around to lift the mood.

"Oi, Yayoi, you didn't have to tell her that," He snickered, "let her figure it out on her own. I think she's smart enough to get it." He said, smirking.

Dude you look like a real delinquent right now. Straight from the Yakuza.

Did he? Ah whatever. He didn't care enough for that.

"That girls Kise Yayoi, a total crybaby. If you tease her even just a little bit, she bursts into tears!" Hino laughed. Aura felt his anger flare up. Yayoi was trying her best, it wasn't anyone's fault she's sensitive.

"D-don't say things like that! It's not true...! I've only cried... Three times!" Yayoi cried, eyes watery and pouting. Three times. Today or this week? Who knows. At everyone's laughter, Aura slammed his fist on his table.

"Quit your yapping, Hino, you aren't the comedian you think you are." He snarled without true hate. It was okay for Yayoi to get better with this treatment, but doesn't mean he has to like it and allow it to drag on.

"Ahh, and the one with the hood is Caverin Aura, he's Yayoi-chan's best friend, always looks like he's constipated, never lets a joke about Yayoi or him fly around, and rumors say," She paused, putting her hand next to her mouth as if telling a secret, "that he's a mafia boss in disguise as an eighth-grader. In short, he's a total killjoy, the fun police, if you will."

At this, the class erupted with laughter again, directed at Aura. Clay blue eyes rolled in its sockets and he just leaned back in his chair.

"Yeah, laugh all you want. I'll get you all back sooner or later." He sneered, knowing it was a full-on lie. He was just too lazy, and he didn't care.

"Thanks, everyone! I'm not nervous anymore, thanks to your help." Hoshizora smiled brightly. Ah, shut-eye time then. Understood.

Hoshizora delivered her introduction once more, with pride and excitement this time, and headed to her seat, right behind Hino.

"Candy?!" The pink haired student suddenly stood up, startling everyone. Ah shit, what do we have here. Aura opened his eyes with full annoyance, like those memes where their eyes glow red? Yeah, that was him. Fuck whoever was Candy (katakana, it was not the Japanese pronunciation of "sweets"), he needed nap time!

Hino responded with a singular, confused-as-hell, "EH?" And the transfer pointed outside.

"It's Candy, look!" What did she mean, look?! Who the fuck was Candy and why do we have to look out the window for them?!

"Ah?"

"There's no one there!” Well isn't this embarrassing. Goodnight.

----------------------------------------------------

Yayoi bid him goodbye early today, and thus, he had free time to see what was going on with the transfer. He stood outside the classroom door, waiting for the pink haired girl. As soon as she went out, Aura followed her.

Bro, you're stal-

No this... Okay so what if it was stalking, he needed to check if she had some form of hallucinations going on, what even the fuck, or who even the fuck, was Candy? Sounded like a stripper name!

Calm your tits, just focus on her, she's pretty darn fast.

Mhm, says you who doesn't need to walk and can go through physical objects.

Shush.