So sick of you!

After two whole hours of continuous working, I guess I was going to use a nice break.
Thank the heavens!!! Finally some rest.
My brain butted in again, but I chose to ignore it. I headed downstairs and searched for my brother since he wasn't there in his room and I had something important to give him.
"Momma?" I called. No answer. Where were they? Why were they not answering?
"Garry? Momma?" I called out again. I looked around, the light were out. I grabbed a vase and head to the dining room with the attached kitchen. I started walking to the switchboard which was near the fridge. But I stopped, I froze midway when I felt a strong hand wrap its fingers around my ankle. I felt my heartbeat raise to an audible level and within seconds I dropped the vase, screaming out of fear and fell to the ground with a thud, landing on my butt. The grip on my ankle loosened and I crawled backwards hastily until my back hit the wall. Not to mention, I was screaming through the whole process and I was still screaming, with eyes closed, ears covered and legs tucked in. The next few minutes passed so quick, I didn't even realize I existed during that short time. I saw lights being turned on and then going out again. I felt strong arms wrap around me and voices ... laughter? And some things someone said that I couldn't comprehend for my brain was busy making assumptions of her own.
What the fuck is happening?! Get me out of these arms! Did you hear the laughter? It's surely some monster trying to kidnap you!! Ohmigod! Until now I really didn't think anyone would want to kidnap you, but fuck! It's happening!! You are getting kidnapped! Do something, you knucklehead!
Even on panic mode, my brain left no chance to insult me. But before I could snap back at my brain, everything went blank.
I opened my eyes to bright sunlight. Surprisingly, I was on my bed. After what my brain was blabbering, I really expected I'd find myself in some dark underground room. I looked around to see nothing had changed in my room and sighed at that. Then again, I didn't know what I was expecting my room to be. Just then, I noticed a coffee mug on the table beside my small single bed. I scooted closer to the table and sniffed the smell of the wonderful coffee. I noticed a note under the mug. Only one word scribbled on it.
SORRY.
Who could it be?
I wasn't sure. But I couldn't think of anyone because my head felt heavy and I desperately needed food. Chocolate to be precise, but coffee will do for now. I jumped out of the bed to rush into the bathroom and was back before the coffee cooled. I was no big fan of cooled coffee, especially early in the morning. I drank the coffee while my thoughts travelled back to that cold hand around my leg. I shuddered at the thought and realized I had been touching my ankle where that hand had clutched. I finished the coffee and ran downstairs to see Momma and Garry sitting on the sofa, silently with grave expressions on their faces. I walked in and sat in between them with a similar expression. But no one spoke a word. I broke the silence eventually. My tummy to be precise because I was hungry and the coffee did little to lessen my hunger.
Momma spoke up," Should I bring you something?"
I nodded, a bit surprised at her behavior. In general, it would have been a 'Why don't you get something to eat?' but today something was up. I was going to figure that out but at the moment I needed to tell them that our house was haunted. Momma placed a plate with sandwiches on my lap and Garry immediately grabbed one. I wanted to tell them about yesterday but I forgot all about it when I saw the food. So I devoured the sandwiches first. Then I crossed my legs under myself and said in one breathe, "Our house is haunted."
I watched them exchanged glances and my mother smiled awkwardly while my brother burst out laughing. I gave him a death glare and he stopped laughing. What was so funny at the moment? "Did you get the sorry note on your table?" He asked still holding back his laughter.
"Yeah I got but seriously you need to believe me! There was something under that table yesterday and... oh wait!" I gaped at his face in utter astonishment, but managed to speak after a few seconds. "That... that was YOU!! You're the one who grabbed me yesterday?! You shitty monster! That was just so sick of you!!"
He burst out laughing and this time Momma couldn't help herself. A moment later, he was running all over the house with me chasing after him and we were both screaming. That went on for whole thirty minutes until Momma yelled at both of us to get out of the house. And we really did! He ran out through the back door and I followed. We ran and kept running until we reached the edge of the forest. He kept running, but I stopped. Realising that I wasn't following, he stopped and looked back. I stood there, panting from all the running. He took a U-turn to reach me. We were both silent. The only noise was that of our breathing.
"You okay, baby sis?"
No I was not okay. I wanted to say that aloud but my throat was dry. My body started to tremble as a memory nagged in my head. And it wasn't a pleasant one. Fear gripped my heart, guilt washed over me and my vision blurred with the tears forming as the memory played again and again in my head.
"Beth? Is something wrong?" He asked in concern. I could not respond. But I gathered up all the focus left in me and tried to walk. I looked away from the woods and started walking back home.
"Hey! What's wrong?" He tried to stop me but I freed myself and started running. I ran until I reached home and rushed to my room. I banged the door behind me. I let myself slide down the door and clutched my head in my hands as I wept soundlessly into my knees. I didn't know how much time passed before I got up from there entered my bathroom. I opened the tap to fill the tub with warm water as I stripped and entered into it. I rested there until my eyelids felt heavy and I before I could fall asleep, I heard a horrible scream in my head. A scream that had kept me awake at nights since six fucking months. A scream that filled me with fear and guilt. A noise that made my heart hammer. Something that made me want to hide, made me want to shrink into the ground. That memory was imprinted in my head, my heart and my mind. That scream belonged to a person whose gentle laughter had made fall in love, something that happened for the first time and was never going to happen again.