Scare for a scare

"I have something to show you big brother." I said as I entered the living area, only to find a worried Garry rave over me.
"Hey! What happened back then, in the woods?! Are you not fine?"
" Do you think only you have the good acting skills, big brother?" I replied with a smirk while sitting down with him. And his mouth turned into an O. I laughed hard at that. He shook his head and hugged me. This was Garry being a cry baby. I didn't say that aloud because I didn't want to ruin the sweet moment for him.
"You scared me."
"Well, that's what you get fro grabbing my ankle in a purposefully darkened room. Scare for a scare." An accidental scare for a scare. I didn't mean to scare him. Instead, I was scared myself. Yes, I was scared scared of the woods, place where memory takes place every night.
"So, what about her?" He cocked his head at my question. I simply grinned. He finally gave in and spoke up, "Let's just say I am still trying to figure her out. She is an enigma. When I met her for the first time I wanted to stay away from her. Like as far as possible. But then I started noticing things about her, things that made me feel like she was something I needed to explore." And then his eyes became distant.
"Awwwhh. My big brother is so in love." I made a puppy face and started teasing him. He gave me a 'really?' look and said, "This is exactly why I did not want to tell you."
I laughed, "Your little secret is safe with me, lovey-dovey."
"Seriously, Beth?" I gave him a toothy grin at that.
Someone knocked at the front door and Garry jumped off the sofa so hard that it made me jump out of shock. Stupid military boys. As long as they aren't showing off their skills, I'm fine with them.
"Mrs. Williams?!" I froze when my brother squealed like a little girl.
"Oh my gosh! Is that really you Garry?" I heard the familiar voice and walked to the door. They knew each other? Uh-oh. Ms. Williams was standing on our front porch with a guy. Oh wait! I knew him. He was the same guy who bumped into me. No, the guy who I bumped into in the grocery.
"Good morning, Bethany." She said as soon as she laid her eyes on me.
"Good morning, Mrs. Williams." I waved at her. My brother let her in and the guy followed close behind.
"I didn't know you guys were siblings. I realise why Bethany looked so familiar to me." Mrs. Williams spoke.
"Yeah. We're siblings. But I still don't how you know her." My brother said thoughtfully. She is my teacher, you fool! I mentally smacked my head.
"I teach at their school." She said with a light laugh.
"And is he who I think he is?" My brother asked looking at the guy.
I stood there acknowledging their conversation but I couldn't understand a thing. Without thinking, I spat out, "What's happening? How do you people know each other?"
"Oh, I'm sorry sis. Do you remember that incident on the LA camp trip I had been to?"
"Yes, that was three years ago. You said you had saved some kid from a tent on fire."
"Well, meet Peter. He's the guy I saved."
Oh. I looked at the guy. He was lean but well-built, nothing like how my brother had described him. But three years was a long time.
"Nice to meet you again. I'm Bethany."
"Peter."
We shook hands.
"So, are you guys busy today?" Mrs. Williams asked. Define busy to me first. Is it some state where you have absolutely nothing to do except for homework?
"I guess not. Why?"
"We were actually going to go hiking. thought I'd pay Mrs. Claire a visit. But since you are here and there's space in my car, I was thinking you'd like to join us. If Mrs. Claire allows of course."
"That's a great idea. I'll just call mom and inform her we're going." My brother said and disappeared upstairs. Huh? No one asked me whether I want to go. Excuse me? I never said I'll go. I absolutely hate hiking.
"Do you need something? Water?" i asked when he was talking to Momma over the phone.
"No, we're fine." 
"Hey, Beth. Go get your shoes. We're leaving." He shouted from upstairs.
What the hell? I didn't even want to go. I gave him a look and rushed upstairs, into his room.
"I don't want to go." I whispered.
"But why?  I thought you loved the nature. You even went for a school camp in summer if I'm not wrong." I stiffened as the memory rushed back into my head. I fell silent and I ran into my room to grab my phone, my shoes and my headphones. I threw rest of the necessary things into the bag Garry had packed. We locked the door and got into Mrs. Williams' blue car. I took the front seat beside Mrs. Williams while Garry and Peter shared the back seat. We chatted for a while and I realised Mrs. Williams was not monster, spy in disguise or any of the stupid assumption my brain had made. She was actually easygoing. Then Garry and Peter went on discussing about some video games. Boys will be boys. Mrs. Williams sighed then focused on her driving. I put on my headphones and played Death by a thousand cuts by Taylor Swift. I sang along the lines in my head but my thoughts kept drifting to the memory. You know why? Because we were heading to the same place now. Our car pulled up to one side of the cliff and we got down. Garry carried our bag and Peter helped Mrs. Williams. I was quiet during the whole climb while the other took pictures. When we finally reached the top of the cliff, they laid out a mat and everyone sat down. I went to the edge and sat down on the small rock there. That very spot. The familiar woods tickled my memories. Every bit of that day played crystal clear in my head like a movie in a theatre. The merry singing, the laughter ringing in my ears, the cool breeze, the heavenly view from the top of the cliff, a tripod stand...just everything on that summer morning.