Chapter 13 - Care

Hwang Shin-Young's POV

I was taken back to the main room. I wiped all my tears away and a little part of my voice were lost because of my cries and shouts earlier. Now, I suddenly feel nothing. Ever since all my best friends died, I feel like I lost a big part of myself.

I clenched my fists when I suddenly remembered Ali. That fucking Sang-woo. I'll get revenge for him.

I saw toilet girl getting up on her bed. What the fuck? I thought she died. 101 and her had a conversation about something. I chose not to listen and leave them alone.

Suddenly, I saw Sae-Byeok alone in a corner. She came back without Ji-yeong...

I tried not to cry again and decided to approach her. I sat beside Sae-byeok and she looked at me.

Just by looking at her eyes, I could tell that she cried. I could tell that she felt sadness, guilt, and pain but she wouldn't show it to anyone.

"Sae, let it all out." I told her. She looked at me confused. "What are you talking about?" She asked me. I sighed.

Suddenly, I pulled Sae-Byeok into a tight hug. She was shocked. I put her head on my shoulder. "Sae, let all your emotions out. You don't have to be so cold and act like everything's fine all the time. Sometimes, you have to let it all out. Don't worry, I'm right here beside you. No one can see you crying." I said. She nodded slowly.

Sae-byeok hugged me back tightly, her arms on my waist. She began to cry as I felt my jacket getting wet. I slightly smiled and patted her head.

I was about to cry with her until I remembered what my uncle told me before.

Flashback

"You little crybaby." He chuckled. "Crying makes you weak and pathetic, got that?" He kicked my stomach harshly. I groaned in pain. "Fuck! You're just like your mother. A crybaby. She wouldn't do anything except for crying and crying and crying!" He laughed.

I was about to get up until he grabbed my hair. "Please! Let me go!" I begged. He only laughed like a psychopath.

He walked away and came back with a sharp knife. "What did I tell you, huh? Stop crying or I wouldn't hesitate to stab you with this." He grinned. I wiped all my tears. "Y-y-yes, uncle."

End of Flashback

-------------------

Sae-byeok stopped crying. Potatoes were served and only some players ate. I looked over at Sae-byeok who seems to be barely eating her food. I patted her back. "You have to eat, Sae. You might need strength for the next game." I spoke. She nodded and ate a little bit of her food.

I was still patting Sae-byeok's back until Player 69 stood up. I remembered that he partnered up with his wife. He began to walk around the room with his worn out face.

"Let's end this. I-I can't do this anymore." He looked down and sobbed.

"We can stop if the majority of us agree. If nine of us agree, we can get out of here. Don't any of you want to leave? If you wish to leave with me, please stand up."

None of the players stood up. I was feeling bad for the man. Tears streamed down on his cheeks as he fell down on his knees.

"How do you call yourselves human?! Are you really going to continue this insanity? Because of that money!" He pointed at the piggy bank.

"You all killed the one you were closest to in this place because of that money." Once I heard that, my heart broke into pieces because I remembered Ye-Jin...