Chapter 14 - Watch Out!

Hwang Shin-Young's POV

Me and Sae-byeok got out of the bathroom. I saw Sang-woo looking at me and I clenched my fists. Sae-byeok noticed it and pulled me closer to her, grabbing my waist tightly.

"Hey" Sae-byeok spoke. "Hmm?" I replied.

"Sleep at my bed tonight" She told me and I widen my eyes. "Eh? What?" I asked. Sae-byeok looked at me. "There may be a chance that Sang-woo might attack you tonight. Sleep with me and I'll keep you safe." She answered.

"Seriously, Sae. I'm going to be fine, don't worry." I told her. "I insist." She replied.

Before I could answer back, she grabbed my hand and ran towards her bed.

"Tch. I told you, I'm fine if I sleep in my own bed." I spoke. She ignored me and sat on her bed. She tapped the mattress a few times, telling me to sit beside her. I sighed. "Fine" I pout.

I sat beside her and waited for the lights to go out.

"Lights out in 5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

The lights finally turned off. I still sat on Sae-byeok's bed while she is now laying down. Suddenly, she pulled my waist for me to lay down. Our faces were like 2 inches apart and I gulped. She looked at me and fixed some strands of my hair.

Even though it's dark, I could see her smile in front of me. "Goodnight, Shin-young" She kissed my forehead and embraced me. I placed my head on her chest and held her waist tightly.

"Goodnight Sae..."

-------------------

Timeskip (Morning)

The lights turned on and the annoying music started playing once again. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes only to see that Sae-byeok was 1 inch apart from me. She looks so peaceful when sleeping. A smile plastered on my face as I kissed the tip of her nose.

Soon, she opened her eyes. "Good morning" She spoke with a smile on her face. "Good morning to you too" I replied.

I slowly got up from the bed and stretched my arms. Suddenly, four masked men were holding a box with a ribbon. I was confused, until I saw a body hung around the staircase. It was Player 69..

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath. "What is it?" Sae-byeok questioned me. She started to get up from the bed but I pushed her back down. "Don't get up Sae" I told her. However, she ignored me and got up from the bed. I scoffed and looked at her.

"Player 69, eliminated"

The dead body was now put in the box, I looked up to see the piggy bank filling up more cash. I sighed. "What a great way to start the day" I mumbled.

"The fifth game will begin momentarily. All players, follow the staff's instructions and proceed to the game hall"

-------------------

We finally arrived at the game hall. I saw pink vests in front of me with the numbers 1-16.

"Welcome to the fifth game. Before we begin the game, please choose a mannequin before you numbered from 1 through 16. Let me repeat. Before we begin the game, please choose a mannequin before you numbered from 1 through 16."